Saturday, July 4, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] New title tool

 The shared title thing and the location of the project storage are very problematic to me a stand alone user and the tendency to end up with title projects having the same name for a particular title page seems hard to manage.  I would imagine that and having to wait for the cache to finish it's not fun.


On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 02:25 AM, Christian Foerster wrote:
I had a conversation with someone from Avid a couple of months ago and he told me that the engineer/team responsible for Titler+ took their design cues from Deko. When I said that was a terrible idea because Deko has a horrible UI paradigm (seriously, everybody I know hates working with Deko and yes, we still have to use it even though it hasn't been supported for years) he looked puzzled – to be fair though, he probably never used Deko.
 
The tool has gotten better though (at the beginn I was not able to align text within a text box, now I can do it – though not for RTL-languages like Arabic).
 
NB Titler Pro has its own set of issues. We have bought 30+ licenses last year and wanted to roll out NBTP as our main titling solution. It has great features that would allow us to build complex motion graphics (this is where MOGRT integration in Premiere shines). It has some missing features (likes bezier curves for animating between keyframes), but overall it has a robust feature set and an intuitive UI. We have not been able to roll it out though, because of major issues concerning stability and behaviour in our Interplay environment.
 
NBFX is actually pretty good at support and the stability issues (like crashing when having a title on top of an unrendered effect) have been addressed in recent updates. Starting next week, we'll have an engineer remote into our system to sort out the Interplay issues (they have no own Interplay environment) like titles changing across sequences when changing one title (which is an absolute dealbreaker of course). So I still have hope for NBTP :)
 
Have a great day everyone,
Christian

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 1:27 AM Lou Wirth <loutv@mindspring.com> wrote:
I just have to say the new Avid MC title tool in 2019.12 is the worst editing tool I have ever come across.  It is absolutely useless and I now get anxiety just knowing I have to go to it even just to make a slug title in place of material to come.  Forget doing any tilting for finish.  And no I don’t want to use NewBlue and yes I know AE and Photoshop are there but come on…really.   Please bring back that old title too.   Creating a title in this is funky enough but just simply grabbing and moving the title is nearly impossible!  I peck away and get little boxes around letters, one letter, two letters, the the entire box expands and changes the font size simply but trying to move it.  Oops, now it just crashed and I lost the last 15 minutes of work.
OMG Avid.  Fix this disaster!!
 
 
Lou
 
 

Lou Wirth Productions
3210 Kerner Boulevard
Suite 302
San Rafael, CA 94901
www.louwirth.com
415-706-8992p

 

 


 
--
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134609) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment