Saturday, June 1, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: AMA behavior

 

I think the shooter is unaware of the issues that seem to plague ama workflows in general and in specific to nanoflash recordings. I think it's more likely he just has been unaware that issues exist that probably have nothing to do with his work but the nature of the beast. I haven't had to deal with nanoflash directly but I've certainly read of enough glitches that it must not be as robust or straight forward as it seems. I'd be curious to know if the cross pollination of media like I've read about in this thread is unique to nanoflash ama. AMA seems to have a certain iffyness to it no matter what. Look forward to seeing if the indexed AMA of MC 7 will solve these issues. So far no one has been able to tell me where the new media database for AMA MC7 is located. At NAB and the editors lounge the question was asked but no one had the answer where this new index file exists. It's got to be somewhere right?

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Heiser <jpheiser@...> wrote:
>
> I've had issues with Nanoflash MOVs getting mixed up. AMA files into an MC
> project, transcode, then send to Avid DS. Edit project and send for
> approval - project remains on the system.
>
> Now I get a batch of footage for a new project, also Nanoflash. AMA into
> MC, transcode, send to DS. Work on new project. Hey we have changes on the
> first project. Open it up, and some of the clips in project 1 now carry
> video from project 2. Problem is solved by moving project 2's footage out
> of the indexed path.
>
> Nanoflash clip names in the two projects are unrelated. Timecode may be
> similar, though. It's just weird.
>
> This shooter never gets negative comments on his Nano footage for other
> clients, so I assumed it was something on my end. Now it looks like it's a
> Nanoflash/AMA issue.
>
> ----
> *john heiser | senior video editor*
> *o2**ideas*
> birmingham, alabama, USA
> http://vimeo.com/johnheiser
>
>
> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM, editbruboy <bruno@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I've had something similar with Nanoflash files on version 5 Symphony
> > (PC). All my Nanoflash rushes were copied onto hard disk with folder names
> > such as card 1, card 2 etc. Link to volume didn't work with the card file
> > structure that came to me. If I remember correctly, the cards had some
> > strange folder names (with curly brackets) so I was forced to link to AMA
> > files. On doing this I got some very strange results, with some files
> > linking to clips that were from different folders/different days. The clip
> > names matched the files on disk, but the media was clearly from a
> > completely different file number.
> >
> > Never got to the bottom of the problem, but it's clearly remained in
> > current versions of software and seems to also be cross-platform.
> >
> > Luckily, it happened fairly infrequently, so I just did a traditional
> > import on the offending clips. Wouldn't fancy my chances of re-linking to
> > these clips in the future though!
> >
> > Bruno
> >
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dan McCabe <danlist@> wrote:
> > >
> > > On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
> > >
> > > Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
> > > want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
> > > and then consolidate to an editing drive.
> > >
> > > I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
> > > shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
> > >
> > > All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
> > > editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
> > > were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
> > >
> > > What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
> > > same card was used on both shoots)?
> > >
> > > Anyway to turn that off?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > D.
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: AMA behavior

I've had issues with Nanoflash MOVs getting mixed up. AMA files into an MC
project, transcode, then send to Avid DS. Edit project and send for
approval - project remains on the system.

Now I get a batch of footage for a new project, also Nanoflash. AMA into
MC, transcode, send to DS. Work on new project. Hey we have changes on the
first project. Open it up, and some of the clips in project 1 now carry
video from project 2. Problem is solved by moving project 2's footage out
of the indexed path.

Nanoflash clip names in the two projects are unrelated. Timecode may be
similar, though. It's just weird.

This shooter never gets negative comments on his Nano footage for other
clients, so I assumed it was something on my end. Now it looks like it's a
Nanoflash/AMA issue.

----
*john heiser | senior video editor*
*o2**ideas*
birmingham, alabama, USA
http://vimeo.com/johnheiser


On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM, editbruboy <bruno@mansi.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> **
>
>
>
>
> I've had something similar with Nanoflash files on version 5 Symphony
> (PC). All my Nanoflash rushes were copied onto hard disk with folder names
> such as card 1, card 2 etc. Link to volume didn't work with the card file
> structure that came to me. If I remember correctly, the cards had some
> strange folder names (with curly brackets) so I was forced to link to AMA
> files. On doing this I got some very strange results, with some files
> linking to clips that were from different folders/different days. The clip
> names matched the files on disk, but the media was clearly from a
> completely different file number.
>
> Never got to the bottom of the problem, but it's clearly remained in
> current versions of software and seems to also be cross-platform.
>
> Luckily, it happened fairly infrequently, so I just did a traditional
> import on the offending clips. Wouldn't fancy my chances of re-linking to
> these clips in the future though!
>
> Bruno
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dan McCabe <danlist@...> wrote:
> >
> > On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
> >
> > Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
> > want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
> > and then consolidate to an editing drive.
> >
> > I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
> > shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
> >
> > All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
> > editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
> > were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
> >
> > What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
> > same card was used on both shoots)?
> >
> > Anyway to turn that off?
> >
> > Thanks
> > D.
> >
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

[Avid-L2] Re: AMA behavior

 



I've had something similar with Nanoflash files on version 5 Symphony (PC). All my Nanoflash rushes were copied onto hard disk with folder names such as card 1, card 2 etc. Link to volume didn't work with the card file structure that came to me. If I remember correctly, the cards had some strange folder names (with curly brackets) so I was forced to link to AMA files. On doing this I got some very strange results, with some files linking to clips that were from different folders/different days. The clip names matched the files on disk, but the media was clearly from a completely different file number.

Never got to the bottom of the problem, but it's clearly remained in current versions of software and seems to also be cross-platform.

Luckily, it happened fairly infrequently, so I just did a traditional import on the offending clips. Wouldn't fancy my chances of re-linking to these clips in the future though!

Bruno

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dan McCabe <danlist@...> wrote:
>
> On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
>
> Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
> want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
> and then consolidate to an editing drive.
>
> I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
> shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
>
> All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
> editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
> were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
>
> What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
> same card was used on both shoots)?
>
> Anyway to turn that off?
>
> Thanks
> D.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Friday, May 31, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Rendered effects not recognized.

 

That's a long standing bug that comes and goes. You shouldn't have to quit the app. Usually just closing and reopening the sequence bin will do it.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Donnie Rogers <donnie@...> wrote:
>
> Working on Symph 6.5 Mac
>
> Several times when working several layers deep, I will render effects and the progress bar does it's thing and instead of VOILA! rendered effects, the time line shows them as still un-rendered. Drat. Indeed, Avid doesn't see them as rendered.
>
> However... quitting the software and re-starting and the effects show as and play back appropriately.
>
> After a software restart, renders work OK for a while, but then gets wonky again. Is a cache getting filled or something? This restart process gets a little old every couple hours.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Donnie Rogers
> VP of Technology
> Grass Roots Media, Inc.
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Fw: [Avid-L2] MC 6.5.2.1 Cropping Bug?

 

Not sure if this was sent . . .
 

>
>I'm on 6.5.2.1 and Mac OS 10.7.5 (MacBook Pro Core2 Duo). I don't see what you describe. Tried with BCC and Illusion effects in both 1080i/50 and 25i.
>
>
>

>With Best Wishes,
>Roger Shufflebottom
>+44 7973 543 660
>
>
>>________________________________
>> From: michellechoug <michellechoug@yahoo.com>
>>To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>>Sent: Wednesday, 29 May 2013, 21:10
>>Subject: [Avid-L2] MC 6.5.2.1 Cropping Bug?
>>
>>
>>
>> 
>>MC 6.5.2.1 / MAC OS 10.7.4
>>
>>Whenever a plug-in is applied to a clip (Avid or third party) either a slight black or grey crop happens at the top of frame and to a lesser extent....bottom of frame....Bug in MC 6.5.2.1?
>>
>>I've never seen this before and it is quite frustrating. Thoughts anyone? Is anyone on this newest MC version? I keep finding bugs/problems. Thanks
>>
>>Michelle Choug
>>Lead Assist
>>RDI Entertainment
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] OT: Microboards Duplicators

 

Mark,
What kind of issue are you having?
I've had a couple of these with pretty good results.

--
Pete O
POP Pictures
Orlando

On 5/31/2013 4:14 PM, Mark Myers wrote:
>
> Looking for a referral to someone who knows these duplicators. I'm
> having major issues with mine, and tech support has been less than
> helpful.
>
> Thanks
> Mark
>
> --
>
> Owner, Director
> SR Film & Video Productions
> 195 W Broad St
> Salunga PA 17538
> 717-393-5333 ex 142
> www.SR-Pro.com <http://www.sr-pro.com>
>
> Follow us on Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salunga-PA/SR-Film-Video-Productions/132001820445>
> Linked In <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-myers/8/488/746>
> Twitter <http://twitter.com/SRProductions>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] OT: Microboards Duplicators

 

Looking for a referral to someone who knows these duplicators. I'm
having major issues with mine, and tech support has been less than helpful.

Thanks
Mark

--

Owner, Director
SR Film & Video Productions
195 W Broad St
Salunga PA 17538
717-393-5333 ex 142
www.SR-Pro.com <http://www.sr-pro.com>

Follow us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salunga-PA/SR-Film-Video-Productions/132001820445>
Linked In <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-myers/8/488/746>
Twitter <http://twitter.com/SRProductions>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: Rendered effects not recognized.

 

Sometimes rendering with the the button at the bottom of the effects window responds differently than other methods of invoking a render. I know that doesn't make sense but sometimes what won't render in to out will render individually with the Effect window button Also try closing and reopening the sequence bin before resorting to a restart. Sometime that does the trick. Finally stubborn nested layered renders sometimes need some of the tracks inside the nest rendered first or in extreme cases a video mixdown. Isn't technology wonderful?

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Donnie Rogers <donnie@...> wrote:
>
> Working on Symph 6.5 Mac
>
> Several times when working several layers deep, I will render effects and the progress bar does it's thing and instead of VOILA! rendered effects, the time line shows them as still un-rendered. Drat. Indeed, Avid doesn't see them as rendered.
>
> However... quitting the software and re-starting and the effects show as and play back appropriately.
>
> After a software restart, renders work OK for a while, but then gets wonky again. Is a cache getting filled or something? This restart process gets a little old every couple hours.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Donnie Rogers
> VP of Technology
> Grass Roots Media, Inc.
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Rendered effects not recognized.

 

Working on Symph 6.5 Mac

Several times when working several layers deep, I will render effects and the progress bar does it's thing and instead of VOILA! rendered effects, the time line shows them as still un-rendered. Drat. Indeed, Avid doesn't see them as rendered.

However... quitting the software and re-starting and the effects show as and play back appropriately.

After a software restart, renders work OK for a while, but then gets wonky again. Is a cache getting filled or something? This restart process gets a little old every couple hours.

Thanks!

Donnie Rogers
VP of Technology
Grass Roots Media, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA behavior

 

I usually have clients who want to screen camera original files, and
MOVs are pretty universally viewable.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Dan McCabe <danlist@bestmail.us> wrote:
> Thanks Wilson and Roger for the replies.
> Wilson, how does having .mov files make the workflow easier?
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2013, at 09:37 AM, Wilson Chao wrote:
> > Sorry, Dan, but I try to avoid nanoFlash as it's my least favorite
> > video file recorder. And when I must accept nanoFlash I always
> > specify .mov files, not mxf, as the workflow is a bit easier. That
> > said, for nanoFlash files I always AMA & transcode, and have never
> > seen the problem you describe.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA behavior

 

Thanks Wilson and Roger for the replies.
Wilson, how does having .mov files make the workflow easier?

On Fri, May 31, 2013, at 09:37 AM, Wilson Chao wrote:
> Sorry, Dan, but I try to avoid nanoFlash as it's my least favorite
> video file recorder. And when I must accept nanoFlash I always
> specify .mov files, not mxf, as the workflow is a bit easier. That
> said, for nanoFlash files I always AMA & transcode, and have never
> seen the problem you describe.
>
>
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Dan McCabe <danlist@bestmail.us> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Hmmm...silence....
> > Just chalk it up to AMA weirdness?
> > Any Nanoflash mxf users out there? Everybody just import?
> >
> > On Thu, May 30, 2013, at 01:13 PM, Dan McCabe wrote:
> >
> > On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
> > Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
> > want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
> > and then consolidate to an editing drive.
> > I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
> > shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
> > All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
> > editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
> > were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
> > What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
> > same card was used on both shoots)?
> > Anyway to turn that off?
> > Thanks
> > D.
> >
> > References
> >
> > 1.
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJzaW52dDM3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRtc2dJZAMxMTAxOTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTMzOTk2?act=reply&messageNum=110190
> > 2. mailto:danlist@bestmail.us?subject=Re%3A%20AMA%20behavior
> > 3. mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20AMA%20behavior
> > 4.
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbGFrNXUyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5MzM5OTY-
> > 5.
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/message/110190;_ylc=X3oDMTM5NjlxbGJsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRtc2dJZAMxMTAxOTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTMzOTk2BHRwY0lkAzExMDE5MA--
> > 6.
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOGw2Zm51BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5MzM5OTY-
> > 7. http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> > 8.
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlM3JrN2dpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM2OTkzMzk5Ng--
> > 9.
> > mailto:Avid-L2-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
> > 10.
> > mailto:Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest
> > 11. mailto:Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe
> > 12. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > 13.
> > mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA behavior

Sorry, Dan, but I try to avoid nanoFlash as it's my least favorite
video file recorder. And when I must accept nanoFlash I always
specify .mov files, not mxf, as the workflow is a bit easier. That
said, for nanoFlash files I always AMA & transcode, and have never
seen the problem you describe.



On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Dan McCabe <danlist@bestmail.us> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hmmm...silence....
> Just chalk it up to AMA weirdness?
> Any Nanoflash mxf users out there? Everybody just import?
>
> On Thu, May 30, 2013, at 01:13 PM, Dan McCabe wrote:
>
> On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
> Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
> want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
> and then consolidate to an editing drive.
> I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
> shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
> All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
> editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
> were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
> What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
> same card was used on both shoots)?
> Anyway to turn that off?
> Thanks
> D.
>
> References
>
> 1.
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJzaW52dDM3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRtc2dJZAMxMTAxOTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTMzOTk2?act=reply&messageNum=110190
> 2. mailto:danlist@bestmail.us?subject=Re%3A%20AMA%20behavior
> 3. mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20AMA%20behavior
> 4.
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbGFrNXUyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5MzM5OTY-
> 5.
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/message/110190;_ylc=X3oDMTM5NjlxbGJsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRtc2dJZAMxMTAxOTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTMzOTk2BHRwY0lkAzExMDE5MA--
> 6.
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOGw2Zm51BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5MzM5OTY-
> 7. http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> 8.
> http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlM3JrN2dpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM2OTkzMzk5Ng--
> 9.
> mailto:Avid-L2-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
> 10.
> mailto:Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest
> 11. mailto:Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe
> 12. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> 13.
> mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>


------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [Avid-L2] MC 6.5.2.1 Cropping Bug?

 

I'm on 6.5.2.1 and Mac OS 10.7.5 (MacBook Pro Core2 Duo). I don't see what you describe. Tried with BCC and Illusion effects in both 1080i/50 and 25i.

 
With Best Wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660

>________________________________
> From: michellechoug <michellechoug@yahoo.com>
>To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>Sent: Wednesday, 29 May 2013, 21:10
>Subject: [Avid-L2] MC 6.5.2.1 Cropping Bug?
>
>
>

>MC 6.5.2.1 / MAC OS 10.7.4
>
>Whenever a plug-in is applied to a clip (Avid or third party) either a slight black or grey crop happens at the top of frame and to a lesser extent....bottom of frame....Bug in MC 6.5.2.1?
>
>I've never seen this before and it is quite frustrating. Thoughts anyone? Is anyone on this newest MC version? I keep finding bugs/problems. Thanks
>
>Michelle Choug
>Lead Assist
>RDI Entertainment
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA behavior

 

My only thought was that you chose 'Link to Volume' instead of files. That might do it. Also, check your AMA settings as sometimes the system will mount a volume or a fake 'volume' without you manually doing it. Also (more weirdness), I reported a few months back that Media Composer had considered one of my AMA copied cards, buried deep in some sub-folders on a drive, to be an 'Effect Source Drive' and rendered some effects into it! Weird indeed.

 
With Best Wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660

>________________________________
> From: Dan McCabe <danlist@bestmail.us>
>To: Avid List 2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
>Sent: Friday, 31 May 2013, 5:04
>Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] AMA behavior
>
>
>

>Hmmm...silence....
>Just chalk it up to AMA weirdness?
>Any Nanoflash mxf users out there? Everybody just import?
>
>On Thu, May 30, 2013, at 01:13 PM, Dan McCabe wrote:
>
>On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
>Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
>want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
>and then consolidate to an editing drive.
>I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
>shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
>All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
>editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
>were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
>What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
>same card was used on both shoots)?
>Anyway to turn that off?
>Thanks
>D.
>
>References
>
>1. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJzaW52dDM3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRtc2dJZAMxMTAxOTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTMzOTk2?act=reply&messageNum=110190
>2. mailto:danlist@bestmail.us?subject=Re%3A%20AMA%20behavior
>3. mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20AMA%20behavior
>4. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbGFrNXUyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5MzM5OTY-
>5. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/message/110190;_ylc=X3oDMTM5NjlxbGJsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRtc2dJZAMxMTAxOTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzY5OTMzOTk2BHRwY0lkAzExMDE5MA--
>6. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOGw2Zm51BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzNjk5MzM5OTY-
>7. http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>8. http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlM3JrN2dpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NDg2NTIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNjA3MzI4OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM2OTkzMzk5Ng--
>9. mailto:Avid-L2-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
>10. mailto:Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest
>11. mailto:Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe
>12. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>13. mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___
There was an error in this gadget