Saturday, July 6, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: Avid 23.976 1080p exports quicktime movie. in Resolve & FCP missing last frame

 

It's not just in 23.976 projects in my experience. I've had that occur in 1080i/59.94 too.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "scott_freeman_avid" <scott_freeman_avid@...> wrote:
>
> In an Avid if you are in a 23.976 1080p project and you export a quicktime movie (from the avid) the last frame will not appear in Final Cut Pro or Resolve - After Effects and Avid sees this last frame fine.
>
> - so the note is - In a 23.976 1080p Avid project, always export a quicktime movie with at least a 1 frame handle at the tail if delivering to Final Cut Pro or Resolve. The last frame is just hidden in those programs.
>
>
> - scott freeman
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: BBC Suspends 3D programming

 

At NAB the Sponge Bob attraction/experience is in 4D at the Circus Circus. I enjoyed it as much as the Bikini Bottom dwellers do their Crabby Patties. ;-)

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Mikeparsons.tv" <mikeparsons.tv@...> wrote:
>
> The trend in Asia seems to 4dx with big films being encoded - I'm almost tempted to go see wwz in 4dx to see/feel why...
>
> Personally i think scratch and sniff has been underutilized of late.
>
> Mike
>
> On 6 Jul, 2013, at 3:57 PM, "Rupert Watson" <rupert@...> wrote:
>
> > It could be useful the next time the fashion comes round.
> >
> > So far its been due to; TV, VHS in the home, Digital Cinema. Not sure
> > what will trigger the next one.
> >
> > Rupert Watson
> >
> > +44 7787 554 801
> >
> > www.root6.com
> >
> > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
> > Of Steve Hullfish
> > Sent: 05 July 2013 22:49
> > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] BBC Suspends 3D programming
> >
> > So should I even bother with the 3D section in my upcoming Avid book?
> >
> > Seriously.
> >
> > I mean a short thread and Terry's foresight don't turn an entire
> > industry, but is ANYBODY on this list doing stereoscopic work?
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On Jul 5, 2013, at 12:14 PM, Mikeparsons.tv <mikeparsons.tv@...
> > <mailto:mikeparsons.tv%40gmail.com> > wrote:
> >
> > > After doing 2 s3d features back to back I'm soooo happy it's over for
> > another generation.
> > >
> > > Normality has been resumed.
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> > www.root6.com/blog
> > Our resource for the latest news, support tips and articles
> >
> > root6 ltd
> > www.root6.com Registered in the UK at: 4 Wardour Mews, London W1F 8AJ
> > Tel: +44(0)207437 6052
> > Company No. 03433253
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Off of FB's Edit Suite Stories

 

Thanks David! That was very badly needed!

Shirley

-----Original Message-----
From: David Dawkins <dawk2@shaw.ca>
To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Jul 6, 2013 7:07 pm
Subject: [Avid-L2] Off of FB's Edit Suite Stories

Olly Lambert
<https://www.facebook.com/ollylambert?hc_location=stream>

The Official Christmas 2010 Top 13 Stories

In no particular order, my completely subjective pick of this
year's crop of edit suite stories...

Exec: And so these numbers at the bottom of the screen, we
won't see those in the final programme will we?
Editor: Nope, that's the timecode.
Exec: What's timecode?
(Robin Gray)

Anonymous male director writes: "my (male) editor had sat
working in silence for over an hour, and suddenly announced
the following: "Americans give really good head. They really
want to please their men. They do that thing that hookers do,
you know, cup your balls?". Silence.

Com Ed, Director and Editor sit down to watch first rough cut
of a film about heart transplants.
Com Ed: "Before we start, how many people die?"
Editor: "None".
Com Ed: "That could be a problem."
(Anonymous)

2 x 60 docs quality checked by a certain well known facility
in W1. The shows are presented and narrated by Stephen Hawking.
The films were rejected due to "constant distorted voice over
on tracks 1&2...."
(Anonymous)

Me to director after having viewed a sequence: "What do you
think?"
Director: Hmmmm....
Me: You don't like it do you?
Director: Not really.
Me: How do you want it then?
Director: Not like that.
(David Spragg)

I just walked past a bunch of execs/producers and overheard a
snippet of their conversation...
Lady 1: "And they all died".
Couple of seconds of silence.
Lady 2: "Did they sign release forms?"
Lady 1: "No"
Lady 2 "That's terrible"
(Merlin Hogarth)

Com Ed: "Drop that fat lady."
Ed: "What, the pregnant teacher?"
Com Ed: "Yeah, she's too fat. We don't want that kind of image."
(Andrew Shimer Wong)

Exec: yeah, that bloke is coming across as a bit of a bastard.
Director: That's because he's a complete bastard.
Exec: Sure, but can we make him come across as less of a bastard?
Anonymous

Comm Ed: "The presenters need to be more happy and cheerful,
to show that they're having fun. They also need to be more
downbeat and thoughtful, to show that they're serious
professionals. These two statements may appear to contradict
each other, but I'm sure you know what I mean."
(Darren Jonusas)

While freelancing at a well-know Manchester based TV company,
I stopped a technician failing a tape which he said was "soft
and grainy, with excessive gate weave, poor focus, dirt and
sparkle". I pointed out that since it was the only copy from
the World War One trenches it might be best to pass it.
(David Cunningham)

Director: You know that thing they do in R+B tracks where they
push a button (mimes turning a knob) and it turns the music
inside out? That's the effect I want here."
Editor: "Um, can you give me the name of a track where that
happens so I can hear what you mean?"
Director: "No. Don't you just have a button you can push
(mimes turning a knob again) that will do it?"
(Tim O'Donoghue)

Note of the day: "Change the V.O. line, 'That's like kicking a
retarded puppy" to "that's like clubbing a baby seal"? It's a
bit more sensitive"
(Jeremy LaLonde)

Technician: You know the thing about video?
Me: What?
Technician: It's shit.
(Mark Talbot-Butler)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Off of FB's Edit Suite Stories

 


Olly Lambert
<https://www.facebook.com/ollylambert?hc_location=stream>

The Official Christmas 2010 Top 13 Stories

In no particular order, my completely subjective pick of this
year's crop of edit suite stories...

Exec: And so these numbers at the bottom of the screen, we
won't see those in the final programme will we?
Editor: Nope, that's the timecode.
Exec: What's timecode?
(Robin Gray)

Anonymous male director writes: "my (male) editor had sat
working in silence for over an hour, and suddenly announced
the following: "Americans give really good head. They really
want to please their men. They do that thing that hookers do,
you know, cup your balls?". Silence.

Com Ed, Director and Editor sit down to watch first rough cut
of a film about heart transplants.
Com Ed: "Before we start, how many people die?"
Editor: "None".
Com Ed: "That could be a problem."
(Anonymous)

2 x 60 docs quality checked by a certain well known facility
in W1. The shows are presented and narrated by Stephen Hawking.
The films were rejected due to "constant distorted voice over
on tracks 1&2...."
(Anonymous)

Me to director after having viewed a sequence: "What do you
think?"
Director: Hmmmm....
Me: You don't like it do you?
Director: Not really.
Me: How do you want it then?
Director: Not like that.
(David Spragg)

I just walked past a bunch of execs/producers and overheard a
snippet of their conversation...
Lady 1: "And they all died".
Couple of seconds of silence.
Lady 2: "Did they sign release forms?"
Lady 1: "No"
Lady 2 "That's terrible"
(Merlin Hogarth)

Com Ed: "Drop that fat lady."
Ed: "What, the pregnant teacher?"
Com Ed: "Yeah, she's too fat. We don't want that kind of image."
(Andrew Shimer Wong)

Exec: yeah, that bloke is coming across as a bit of a bastard.
Director: That's because he's a complete bastard.
Exec: Sure, but can we make him come across as less of a bastard?
Anonymous

Comm Ed: "The presenters need to be more happy and cheerful,
to show that they're having fun. They also need to be more
downbeat and thoughtful, to show that they're serious
professionals. These two statements may appear to contradict
each other, but I'm sure you know what I mean."
(Darren Jonusas)

While freelancing at a well-know Manchester based TV company,
I stopped a technician failing a tape which he said was "soft
and grainy, with excessive gate weave, poor focus, dirt and
sparkle". I pointed out that since it was the only copy from
the World War One trenches it might be best to pass it.
(David Cunningham)

Director: You know that thing they do in R+B tracks where they
push a button (mimes turning a knob) and it turns the music
inside out? That's the effect I want here."
Editor: "Um, can you give me the name of a track where that
happens so I can hear what you mean?"
Director: "No. Don't you just have a button you can push
(mimes turning a knob again) that will do it?"
(Tim O'Donoghue)

Note of the day: "Change the V.O. line, 'That's like kicking a
retarded puppy" to "that's like clubbing a baby seal"? It's a
bit more sensitive"
(Jeremy LaLonde)

Technician: You know the thing about video?
Me: What?
Technician: It's shit.
(Mark Talbot-Butler)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: Avid 23.976 1080p exports quicktime movie. in Resolve & FCP missing last frame

 

That's the film counting method vs. the videotape counting method. I started in film so the video method of counting a frame twice never made any sense, but I lived with it.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "scott_freeman_avid" <scott_freeman_avid@...> wrote:
>
> In an Avid if you are in a 23.976 1080p project and you export a quicktime movie (from the avid) the last frame will not appear in Final Cut Pro or Resolve - After Effects and Avid sees this last frame fine.
>
> - so the note is - In a 23.976 1080p Avid project, always export a quicktime movie with at least a 1 frame handle at the tail if delivering to Final Cut Pro or Resolve. The last frame is just hidden in those programs.
>
>
> - scott freeman
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found

 

yep, performance is great, I ordered it about a year ago - FHD screen and K2000 GFX, then added a Crucial 128GB SSD/16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM.

Avid qualified it while I was taking my ISIS ACSR certification in Burbank...several weeks after the purchase.

As for drivers, qualified or not, I did not notice any stability or speed issues with any of them. Currently running 320.49 with MC7, smooth as silk.

BG
www.finale.tv

--- On Sat, 7/6/13, SP <sppomerantz@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: SP <sppomerantz@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013, 5:26 PM

 

Thanks Bogdan!

That did the trick. I'm kind of surprised that there is no mention of a different driver version for laptops vs. desktops in the readme. It would also have been nice if Avid had included the laptop version in the Utilities folder.

Your brain is indeed bigger than mine. I am also on a W530, just getting started. Are you happy with the performance of the Lenovo?

Best,

Steve Pomerantz

stevepomerantzeditorial.com

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@...> wrote:

>

> hi Steve, here it is:

>

> http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html

>

> works just fine on my w530 with K2000M. please note it's the notebook - not desktop-version of the driver.

>

> cheers,

> BG

> www.finale.tv

> --- On Sat, 7/6/13, SP <sppomerantz@...> wrote:

>

> From: SP <sppomerantz@...>

> Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found

> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com

> Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013, 11:58 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I've just installed MC7 on a brand new Avid approved Lenovo ThinkPad. I'm trying to install the correct nVidia driver (310.90). I tried loading it from the Avid Utilities folder, and also downloading direct from nVidia website, but each time I try, I get the error message:

>

>

>

> "NVIDIA INSTALLER CANNOT CONTINUE - this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

>

>

>

> My graphics card is a Quadro K1000M, which is Avid approved. It is currently running driver 296.88.

>

>

>

> Any thoughts from those brains bigger than mine?

>

>

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

>

>

> Steve Pomerantz

>

> www.stevepomerantzeditorial.com

>

>

>

> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Richard Tibbetts <huipro@> wrote:

>

> >

>

> > There are some bouncers in Vegas that might disagree with you… But I won't. ;-)

>

> >

>

> > RT

>

> >

>

> > On Jun 27, 2013, at 9:45 AM, "Dave Spraker" <avid@> wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > As always…

>

> > >

>

> > > Dave Spraker

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Western Rep | EditShare | Consulting | Sports Audio

>

> > >

>

> > > dave@ <mailto:dave@>

>

> > > (503) 897-0250

>

> > >

>

> > > www.westernrep.com

>

> > >

>

> > > www.editshare.com <http://www.editshare.com/>

>

> > >

>

> > > www.spraker.tv <http://www.spraker.tv/>

>

> > >

>

> > > <https://www.vizify.com/es/50a32f618e76660002000521> See my vizify bio!

>

> > >

>

> > > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mariannamontague

>

> > > Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:03 AM

>

> > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com

>

> > > Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found

>

> > >

>

> > > Hey RT

>

> > > Hope all is well in HI. Dave is right.....

>

> > >

>

> > > Also note this little issue......

>

> > > http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Marquee-will-not-launch-with-the-310-90-NVIDIA-driver-installed?popup=true <http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Marquee-will-not-launch-with-the-310-90-NVIDIA-driver-installed?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1078> &NewLang=en&DocType=1078

>

> > >

>

> > > Marianna

>

> > >

>

> > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> , Richard Tibbetts <huipro@ <mailto:huipro@> > wrote:

>

> > > >

>

> > > > I don't have the upgrade kit yet but I'm prepping the box.

>

> > > >

>

> > > > You are right avid usually puts it in there.

>

> > > >

>

> > > > RT

>

> > > > Sent via iPad Nano

>

> > > >

>

> > > > On Jun 26, 2013, at 12:16 PM, "Dave Spraker" <avid@ <mailto:avid@> > wrote:

>

> > > >

>

> > > > > I missed the beginning of this thread, but isn’t it the Nvidia Driver installed in the Avid/Utilities folder? I know it’s there for 6.5 and was previously.

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > Dave Spraker

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > Western Rep | EditShare | Consulting | Sports Audio

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > dave@ <mailto:dave@>

>

> > > > > (503) 897-0250

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > www.westernrep.com <http://www.westernrep.com>

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > www.editshare.com <http://www.editshare.com> <http://www.editshare.com/>

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > www.spraker.tv <http://www.spraker.tv> <http://www.spraker.tv/>

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > <https://www.vizify.com/es/50a32f618e76660002000521> See my vizify bio!

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Richard Tibbetts

>

> > > > > Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:50 PM

>

> > > > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>

>

> > > > > Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > To make this more fun, the Nvidia search engine takes you right to the ODE version 320.00 (Though this may be okay to use).

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > There is an avid partner page at the Nvidia site. It has the avid happy drivers but nothing about MC5.5

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > Can't wait to do this all again with MC7.

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > RT

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > On Jun 24, 2013, at 8:28 AM, Richard Tibbetts <huipro@ <mailto:huipro@%20%3cmailto:huipro%40hawaii.rr.com> <mailto:huipro%40hawaii.rr.com> > wrote:

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > > Good thinking, because in the past that was often the case.

>

> > > > > >

>

> > > > > > Kudos BG, I'll be needing that one too, very soon.

>

> > > > > >

>

> > > > > > RT

>

> > > > > >

>

> > > > > > On Jun 24, 2013, at 12:54 AM, "kvifritz" <kvipost@ <mailto:kvipost@%20%3cmailto:kvipost%40att.net> <mailto:kvipost%40att.net> > wrote:

>

> > > > > >

>

> > > > > >> Thanks BG!

>

> > > > > >>

>

> > > > > >> I actually did download that driver on Saturday, but wanted to make sure it was the correct one and that there wasn't a custom version of 310.90 created solely for Avid.

>

> > > > > >>

>

> > > > > >> Karl Knowles

>

> > > > > >> Tallahassee, FL

>

> > > > > >>

>

> > > > > >> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> , Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@ <mailto:bogdan_grigorescu@> > wrote:

>

> > > > > >> >

>

> > > > > >> > Hi Karl, the recommended NVidia driver can be downloaded here:

>

> > > > > >> >

>

> > > > > >> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html

>

> > > > > >> >

>

> > > > > >> > cheers,

>

> > > > > >> > BG

>

> > > > > >> > www.finale.tv <http://www.finale.tv> <http://www.finale.tv>

>

> > > > > >> >

>

> > > > > >>

>

> > > > > >>

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

> > > > >

>

> > > > >

>

> > > >

>

> > > >

>

> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

> > > >

>

> > >

>

> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found

 

Thanks Bogdan!
That did the trick. I'm kind of surprised that there is no mention of a different driver version for laptops vs. desktops in the readme. It would also have been nice if Avid had included the laptop version in the Utilities folder.

Your brain is indeed bigger than mine. I am also on a W530, just getting started. Are you happy with the performance of the Lenovo?

Best,

Steve Pomerantz
stevepomerantzeditorial.com

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@...> wrote:
>
> hi Steve, here it is:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html
>
> works just fine on my w530 with K2000M. please note it's the notebook - not desktop-version of the driver.
>
> cheers,
> BG
> www.finale.tv
> --- On Sat, 7/6/13, SP <sppomerantz@...> wrote:
>
> From: SP <sppomerantz@...>
> Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013, 11:58 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I've just installed MC7 on a brand new Avid approved Lenovo ThinkPad. I'm trying to install the correct nVidia driver (310.90). I tried loading it from the Avid Utilities folder, and also downloading direct from nVidia website, but each time I try, I get the error message:
>
>
>
> "NVIDIA INSTALLER CANNOT CONTINUE - this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"
>
>
>
> My graphics card is a Quadro K1000M, which is Avid approved. It is currently running driver 296.88.
>
>
>
> Any thoughts from those brains bigger than mine?
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>
>
> Steve Pomerantz
>
> www.stevepomerantzeditorial.com
>
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Richard Tibbetts <huipro@> wrote:
>
> >
>
> > There are some bouncers in Vegas that might disagree with you… But I won't. ;-)
>
> >
>
> > RT
>
> >
>
> > On Jun 27, 2013, at 9:45 AM, "Dave Spraker" <avid@> wrote:
>
> >
>
> > > As always…
>
> > >
>
> > > Dave Spraker
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> > > Western Rep | EditShare | Consulting | Sports Audio
>
> > >
>
> > > dave@ <mailto:dave@>
>
> > > (503) 897-0250
>
> > >
>
> > > www.westernrep.com
>
> > >
>
> > > www.editshare.com <http://www.editshare.com/>
>
> > >
>
> > > www.spraker.tv <http://www.spraker.tv/>
>
> > >
>
> > > <https://www.vizify.com/es/50a32f618e76660002000521> See my vizify bio!
>
> > >
>
> > > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mariannamontague
>
> > > Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:03 AM
>
> > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>
> > > Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found
>
> > >
>
> > > Hey RT
>
> > > Hope all is well in HI. Dave is right.....
>
> > >
>
> > > Also note this little issue......
>
> > > http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Marquee-will-not-launch-with-the-310-90-NVIDIA-driver-installed?popup=true <http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Marquee-will-not-launch-with-the-310-90-NVIDIA-driver-installed?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1078> &NewLang=en&DocType=1078
>
> > >
>
> > > Marianna
>
> > >
>
> > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> , Richard Tibbetts <huipro@ <mailto:huipro@> > wrote:
>
> > > >
>
> > > > I don't have the upgrade kit yet but I'm prepping the box.
>
> > > >
>
> > > > You are right avid usually puts it in there.
>
> > > >
>
> > > > RT
>
> > > > Sent via iPad Nano
>
> > > >
>
> > > > On Jun 26, 2013, at 12:16 PM, "Dave Spraker" <avid@ <mailto:avid@> > wrote:
>
> > > >
>
> > > > > I missed the beginning of this thread, but isn’t it the Nvidia Driver installed in the Avid/Utilities folder? I know it’s there for 6.5 and was previously.
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > Dave Spraker
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > Western Rep | EditShare | Consulting | Sports Audio
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > dave@ <mailto:dave@>
>
> > > > > (503) 897-0250
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > www.westernrep.com <http://www.westernrep.com>
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > www.editshare.com <http://www.editshare.com> <http://www.editshare.com/>
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > www.spraker.tv <http://www.spraker.tv> <http://www.spraker.tv/>
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > <https://www.vizify.com/es/50a32f618e76660002000521> See my vizify bio!
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Richard Tibbetts
>
> > > > > Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:50 PM
>
> > > > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> > > > > Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Upgraded to 6.5 last night... where is Nvidia driver 310.90? Found
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > To make this more fun, the Nvidia search engine takes you right to the ODE version 320.00 (Though this may be okay to use).
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > There is an avid partner page at the Nvidia site. It has the avid happy drivers but nothing about MC5.5
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > Can't wait to do this all again with MC7.
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > RT
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > On Jun 24, 2013, at 8:28 AM, Richard Tibbetts <huipro@ <mailto:huipro@%20%3cmailto:huipro%40hawaii.rr.com> <mailto:huipro%40hawaii.rr.com> > wrote:
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > > Good thinking, because in the past that was often the case.
>
> > > > > >
>
> > > > > > Kudos BG, I'll be needing that one too, very soon.
>
> > > > > >
>
> > > > > > RT
>
> > > > > >
>
> > > > > > On Jun 24, 2013, at 12:54 AM, "kvifritz" <kvipost@ <mailto:kvipost@%20%3cmailto:kvipost%40att.net> <mailto:kvipost%40att.net> > wrote:
>
> > > > > >
>
> > > > > >> Thanks BG!
>
> > > > > >>
>
> > > > > >> I actually did download that driver on Saturday, but wanted to make sure it was the correct one and that there wasn't a custom version of 310.90 created solely for Avid.
>
> > > > > >>
>
> > > > > >> Karl Knowles
>
> > > > > >> Tallahassee, FL
>
> > > > > >>
>
> > > > > >> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> , Bogdan Grigorescu <bogdan_grigorescu@ <mailto:bogdan_grigorescu@> > wrote:
>
> > > > > >> >
>
> > > > > >> > Hi Karl, the recommended NVidia driver can be downloaded here:
>
> > > > > >> >
>
> > > > > >> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html
>
> > > > > >> >
>
> > > > > >> > cheers,
>
> > > > > >> > BG
>
> > > > > >> > www.finale.tv <http://www.finale.tv> <http://www.finale.tv>
>
> > > > > >> >
>
> > > > > >>
>
> > > > > >>
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> > > > >
>
> > > > >
>
> > > >
>
> > > >
>
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> > > >
>
> > >
>
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> > >
>
> > >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] EDL - Avid 00 hour verses Resolve 24 hour timecode conform issue

 

EDL - in the Avid we use 00:00:00:00 time code if you start a take at 23:59:59:23 and this take continues, the Avid will roll to 00:00:00:00. The Resolve in this instance will roll to 24:00:00:00!!!

In any text editor, go to that event number in the EDL and change the timecode from 00 to 24 and then the resolve conforms perfectly.

note - make sure that the suffix of the EDL is .edl

- scott freeman

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Avid 23.976 1080p exports quicktime movie. in Resolve & FCP missing last frame

 

In an Avid if you are in a 23.976 1080p project and you export a quicktime movie (from the avid) the last frame will not appear in Final Cut Pro or Resolve - After Effects and Avid sees this last frame fine.

- so the note is - In a 23.976 1080p Avid project, always export a quicktime movie with at least a 1 frame handle at the tail if delivering to Final Cut Pro or Resolve. The last frame is just hidden in those programs.

- scott freeman

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___
There was an error in this gadget