Saturday, July 2, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] Since we are editors....

 

My old boss was a famous news photographer at WWL back in the 1960s. His name is Del Hall. See if there's anyone there who knows him.

Steve Hullfish
contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"

On Jul 2, 2011, at 6:37 PM, Tom McDonnell wrote:

> I thought I would show you folks see what I've been doing for the last 18
> years at WWL-TV.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Since we are editors....

 

I thought I would show you folks see what I've been doing for the last 18
years at WWL-TV. I'm not known for fast cutting but this is about the most
frenetic piece I ever cut. It took me about two weeks on and off from first
ingest to final color corrected edit. This is my first dabbling with You
Tube. Other than crushing the blacks a bit it came out looking great
considering this is a 7 year old piece.

Music is by John Tesh. Enjoy

http://tinyurl.com/3eyefek

Tom McDonnell
Cinematographer/Editor/JOAT
Los Angeles, CA
New Orleans, LA

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: Stupid question part 2

 

Dennis, what do you think is the difference between the UNinstaller located in the Media Composer folder and the one that comes in each Patch download?

I would think if there any difference, the most recent one would come in the Patch download. This runs directly from the downloaded .dmg by double-clicking. I do not think it is ever copied into the MC UNinstaller folder.

> The uninstaller located in the Applications folder is the one to
> use. It is always installed by the MC installer and/or patch
> installer in the Applications folder and is the one that is current
> with your current installation.
>
> Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
> NBC Today Show, New York
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: The FCPX thread

 

> Posted by: Perrone Ford
> How much was Final Cut Express? That seemed to have a very wide audience among the amateur video groups based on posts I saw in forums every week.

$199 IIRC. FCE was also part of the tally that Apple uses to claim 2 million users for "Final Cut".

- Oliver

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Adobe's FCPX comment link?

 


Nice, thanks for stepping in.

However, two important questions:

1. How does this affect existing owners of a Master Collection AND Media Composer looking to upgrade to CS5.5?

2. How come Adobe products are so much more expensive in Europe than they are in the US?

Master Collection in European store is 3099 EUR (ex VAT) = 4493 US (at current exchange rate)
Master Collection in US is 2599 USD

So the difference at current exchange rate is 1894 USD, almost 73%.

Production Premium is 1699 USD versus 1679 EUR ex VAT (2434 USD at current exchange rate), a 43% mark-up.

And that is not because of taxes or import duties, as that is just a few percent. Avid has had a normal exhange rate now for some years, even Apple does these days. Come on, Adobe, stop punishing us for living in Europe.

Job.

On 2 jul 2011, at 00:05, kevinjmonahan wrote:

> I'm Kevin Monahan, manager for the Premiere Pro and After Effects communities.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] FCPX and life without tracks

 

Having had a play with FCPX I can see new young fresh editors using the new methodology to be very creative.
But even for them I see the lack of tracks to be a problem.
Sync lock for anything long looks to be an issue. From what I can see creating "stories" of each section seems to be the way to ensure that section stays in sync. But it's not a very elegant way having to package up sections and then unpack them again.
But hardest seems to be audio routing. As far as I can see you need to route each audio clip and you can't group them. This looks to be a significant working issue?

And the fact that you can get motion but can't round trip to it? You can use motion to create templates for FCPX but not as a tool FCPX can access. I can't see how or why Apple felt that was the route forward unless motion is planned to go EOL in the future?

On the plus side the skimmer is pretty need and the media management and background processing looks really good.
Initial tests so transcoding and down on edging look really good. Upconversion (SD to HD) isn't any better than compressor used to achieve.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

Friday, July 1, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: The FCPX thread

 

"Everybody knows farts are funny." And one of the best reasons to get a dog in case someone thinks they aren't funny.... ;-) Maybe I should have named Rubin "Blazing Saddles?"

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Degan <DennyD1@...> wrote:
>
>
> On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:46 PM, Benjamin Hershleder wrote:
>
> > Dennis, there's little doubt that I most likely take the prize for
> being the most immature and off-topic on the Avid-L2. I hope you
> weren't offended. I honestly would feel badly if you were.
>
> I say:
>
> Nah, I'm not offended. It's just as you described, which is to say
> immature, juvenile, silly, shock words. Sorta like farting in public
> as loudly as you can. Everybody knows farts are funny. And juvenile,
> immature humor, but still funny. Perhaps inappropriate in my
> opinion . . . . and sometimes not so funny.
> But no, I'm not offended by it. It just didn't make me laugh like
> you described. Not at all. I didn't even smile. Sorry.
>
> Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
> NBC Today Show, New York
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: Making great products to serve professionals is our lifeblood

 

Hey Gary -

Avid|DS is the best product you have and much more akin to what the FCS package could do. How about offering a cross-grade to the DS Soft product as well?

Scott Witthaus

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "garygreenfieldavid" <gary.greenfield@...> wrote:
>
> There have been unprecedented conversations taking place online, in the press, and in person about professional video editing during the last couple of weeks. And the discussion has been both passionate and personal, because this is about your livelihood.
>
> For Avid, making great video and audio products to serve the needs of professionals - top editors, whether for film, theatrical, television, broadcasters, major film and music studios, or independent film producers is our lifeblood. You can depend on us to be thinking about your needs first.
>
> Over the last few years you have helped us double down on our efforts to improve our products with the features and reliability you need for great story telling – we have been led there by you. Whether you're working independently or collaborating with others, Avid wants you to know we are going to be there to help make you successful.
>
> We are listening. And one of the things you have clearly said is that you want Media Composer to be more accessible. In response to your feedback, we are extending the cross-grade to Media Composer - through September. Final Cut Pro (excluding FCP X) users can get Media Composer 5.5 at the promotional price of $995 USD. You can order the cross-grade as of next Tuesday, July 5th. But I encourage you to download the free 30 day Media Composer right away, to get acquainted with its capability. Check it out: http://www.avid.com/mediacomposersoftware.
>
> We have also heard many of you ask to know more about our strategy and we want to hear more from you. To get started, Kirk Arnold and I are planning to be in Los Angeles on Wednesday, July 13 for an event (stay tuned for details coming soon), to meet with you, listen to you and talk about Avid's ongoing commitment to professional editors (and to give you a glimpse of what's ahead). Hold the date and plan to join us.
>
> Gary
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: The FCPX thread

 


On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:46 PM, Benjamin Hershleder wrote:

> Dennis, there's little doubt that I most likely take the prize for
being the most immature and off-topic on the Avid-L2. I hope you
weren't offended. I honestly would feel badly if you were.

I say:

Nah, I'm not offended. It's just as you described, which is to say
immature, juvenile, silly, shock words. Sorta like farting in public
as loudly as you can. Everybody knows farts are funny. And juvenile,
immature humor, but still funny. Perhaps inappropriate in my
opinion . . . . and sometimes not so funny.
But no, I'm not offended by it. It just didn't make me laugh like
you described. Not at all. I didn't even smile. Sorry.

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
NBC Today Show, New York

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe and Sony

I particularly like that you can upgrade to Vegas from Ulead® DVD Workshop™

I think that came free with a PC I bought about 10 years ago...

gh
----------------------------------------------------
Greg Huson
Secret Headquarters, Inc
Post Production / Production
Culver City, CA
323 677 2092
www.DigitalServiceStation.com
greg (at) SecretHQ.com
facebook.com/greg.huson
www.SecretHQ.com

On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Rupert Watson wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/5vbt7r3
>
> Dim the lights.
>
> Rupert Watson
>
> +44 7787 554 801
>
> www.root6.com
>
> From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
> Of Knut A. Helgeland
> Sent: 01 July 2011 17:49
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe
>
> And now Avid will have to extend THEIR offer to cover CS5 owners too,
> right?
>
> More popcorn!
>
> K
>
> On 1. juli 2011, at 16.54, Tom Phillips wrote:
>
> > Notice how they are offering this to MC seat owners as well. Smart.
> >
> >
> >
> > tom@kineticpost.com <mailto:tom%40kineticpost.com>
> >
> > dir. of technology, sr. creative editor
> >
> > Avid DS ACSR
> >
> > kinetic post, inc.
> >
> > 248.799.0099 ph
> >
> > 248.799.0088 fx
> >
> > 734.717.4256 cell
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
> Behalf
> > Of oliverpetersvidy
> > Sent: 2011-07-01 10:17 AM
> > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> http://www.dvinfo.net/news/adobe-announces-switcher-program-for-video-pr
> > ofessionals.html
> >
> <http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2Pt5AQsL6zBYSPt5AQsLf6zAS02gcOwXnwrAf
> >
> ckPkaAfbX25mUm-xuxykX4_ynmzkz7liXJoBPcAfGnmzlTWkBm6DQU76XCXCWv2sWBQnS7D7
> >
> QQiVEVjujubEITd7bWpEVuhvbPGGslA3pmmHivbwGfPrz2D4oRrmFNritqYKrhpd7bXNJ5CV
> >
> EVvjd7bObNJeVIQJy1Ci1saFCBQQg21ZaCy0ggGgYTfM-u0USyrd79JCWb9EVuvsdVV94mpL
> > x>
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >
> > If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through
> your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will
> be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>
> __________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
> For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
> __________________________________________________________
>
> www.root6.com
> For the latest news visit our blog http://www.root6.com/Blog
>
> root6 ltd
> Registered in the UK at: 4 Wardour Mews, London W1F 8AJ
> Tel: +44 (0) 20 7437 6052
> Company No. 03433253
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe and Sony

 


On 01 Jul, 2011, at 6:18 PM, Rupert Watson wrote:

> Dim the lights.

I have an Xpri mousepad. That's gotta be worth a free plug-in at least.

--

BYTEmonkeys
Creativity for your Creative
http://bytemonkeys.tv
692 N. High St., Suite 304
Columbus, OH 43215
614.824.1685

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe and Sony

Be right back . . . I'm heading out for even more pop corn . . .

On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Rupert Watson wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/5vbt7r3
>
> Dim the lights.
>
> Rupert Watson
>
> +44 7787 554 801
>
> www.root6.com
>
> From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
> Of Knut A. Helgeland
> Sent: 01 July 2011 17:49
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe
>
> And now Avid will have to extend THEIR offer to cover CS5 owners too,
> right?
>
> More popcorn!
>
> K
>
> On 1. juli 2011, at 16.54, Tom Phillips wrote:
>
> > Notice how they are offering this to MC seat owners as well. Smart.
> >
> >
> >
> > tom@kineticpost.com <mailto:tom%40kineticpost.com>
> >
> > dir. of technology, sr. creative editor
> >
> > Avid DS ACSR
> >
> > kinetic post, inc.
> >
> > 248.799.0099 ph
> >
> > 248.799.0088 fx
> >
> > 734.717.4256 cell
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
> Behalf
> > Of oliverpetersvidy
> > Sent: 2011-07-01 10:17 AM
> > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> http://www.dvinfo.net/news/adobe-announces-switcher-program-for-video-pr
> > ofessionals.html
> >
> <http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2Pt5AQsL6zBYSPt5AQsLf6zAS02gcOwXnwrAf
> >
> ckPkaAfbX25mUm-xuxykX4_ynmzkz7liXJoBPcAfGnmzlTWkBm6DQU76XCXCWv2sWBQnS7D7
> >
> QQiVEVjujubEITd7bWpEVuhvbPGGslA3pmmHivbwGfPrz2D4oRrmFNritqYKrhpd7bXNJ5CV
> >
> EVvjd7bObNJeVIQJy1Ci1saFCBQQg21ZaCy0ggGgYTfM-u0USyrd79JCWb9EVuvsdVV94mpL
> > x>
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> >
> > If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through
> your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will
> be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>
> __________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
> For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
> __________________________________________________________
>
> www.root6.com
> For the latest news visit our blog http://www.root6.com/Blog
>
> root6 ltd
> Registered in the UK at: 4 Wardour Mews, London W1F 8AJ
> Tel: +44 (0) 20 7437 6052
> Company No. 03433253
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: Making great products to serve professionals is our lifeblood

> Yep. Supporting MC as compatible with the Kona3 would be a brilliant move to make right now.
>
Agreed, but they need to move FAST on this and grab this brass-ring opportunity


On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:04 PM, dangerjudy23 wrote:

> Yep. Supporting MC as compatible with the Kona3 would be a brilliant move to make right now.
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Bettan" <gary@...> wrote:
> >
> > GO Avid! Time to take back the market that was yours. Now how about lighting
> > up all those wonderful Kona, Black Magic and Matorx I/O devices for Media
> > Composer.
> >
> > Got FCP? Is a nice tag line for the crossgrades. Got Kona? is how you take
> > back edit suites, post houses and broadcast from the competition!!
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> > garygreenfieldavid
> > Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 1:20 AM
> > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Avid-L2] Making great products to serve professionals is our
> > lifeblood
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > There have been unprecedented conversations taking place online, in the
> > press, and in person about professional video editing during the last couple
> > of weeks. And the discussion has been both passionate and personal, because
> > this is about your livelihood.
> >
> > For Avid, making great video and audio products to serve the needs of
> > professionals - top editors, whether for film, theatrical, television,
> > broadcasters, major film and music studios, or independent film producers is
> > our lifeblood. You can depend on us to be thinking about your needs first.
> >
> > Over the last few years you have helped us double down on our efforts to
> > improve our products with the features and reliability you need for great
> > story telling - we have been led there by you. Whether you're working
> > independently or collaborating with others, Avid wants you to know we are
> > going to be there to help make you successful.
> >
> > We are listening. And one of the things you have clearly said is that you
> > want Media Composer to be more accessible. In response to your feedback, we
> > are extending the cross-grade to Media Composer - through September. Final
> > Cut Pro (excluding FCP X) users can get Media Composer 5.5 at the
> > promotional price of $995 USD. You can order the cross-grade as of next
> > Tuesday, July 5th. But I encourage you to download the free 30 day Media
> > Composer right away, to get acquainted with its capability. Check it out:
> > http://www.avid.com/mediacomposersoftware.
> >
> > We have also heard many of you ask to know more about our strategy and we
> > want to hear more from you. To get started, Kirk Arnold and I are planning
> > to be in Los Angeles on Wednesday, July 13 for an event (stay tuned for
> > details coming soon), to meet with you, listen to you and talk about Avid's
> > ongoing commitment to professional editors (and to give you a glimpse of
> > what's ahead). Hold the date and plan to join us.
> >
> > Gary
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe and Sony

 

http://tinyurl.com/5vbt7r3

Dim the lights.

Rupert Watson

+44 7787 554 801

www.root6.com

From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Knut A. Helgeland
Sent: 01 July 2011 17:49
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe

And now Avid will have to extend THEIR offer to cover CS5 owners too,
right?

More popcorn!

K

On 1. juli 2011, at 16.54, Tom Phillips wrote:

> Notice how they are offering this to MC seat owners as well. Smart.
>
>
>
> tom@kineticpost.com <mailto:tom%40kineticpost.com>
>
> dir. of technology, sr. creative editor
>
> Avid DS ACSR
>
> kinetic post, inc.
>
> 248.799.0099 ph
>
> 248.799.0088 fx
>
> 734.717.4256 cell
>
>
>
> From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
Behalf
> Of oliverpetersvidy
> Sent: 2011-07-01 10:17 AM
> To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Avid-L2] Also Adobe
>
>
>
>
>
>
http://www.dvinfo.net/news/adobe-announces-switcher-program-for-video-pr
> ofessionals.html
>
<http://console.mxlogic.com/redir/?2Pt5AQsL6zBYSPt5AQsLf6zAS02gcOwXnwrAf
>
ckPkaAfbX25mUm-xuxykX4_ynmzkz7liXJoBPcAfGnmzlTWkBm6DQU76XCXCWv2sWBQnS7D7
>
QQiVEVjujubEITd7bWpEVuhvbPGGslA3pmmHivbwGfPrz2D4oRrmFNritqYKrhpd7bXNJ5CV
>
EVvjd7bObNJeVIQJy1Ci1saFCBQQg21ZaCy0ggGgYTfM-u0USyrd79JCWb9EVuvsdVV94mpL
> x>
>
> Oliver
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:
http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>
> If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through
your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will
be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
__________________________________________________________

www.root6.com
For the latest news visit our blog http://www.root6.com/Blog

root6 ltd
Registered in the UK at: 4 Wardour Mews, London W1F 8AJ
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7437 6052
Company No. 03433253

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: Adobe's FCPX comment link?

 



Hi Guys,
I'm Kevin Monahan, manager for the Premiere Pro and After Effects communities. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you about Premiere Pro or After Effects. You know, we have a 50% off deal on Production Premium and Premiere Pro going for Avid and FCP editors. http://adobe.ly/kK0MF6 More on the switch campaign: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201107/070111AdobeSwitcherProgram.html

By the way, I'm a former Avid student of yours, Ben. I took classes from you at Video Symphony in 1997. In fact, I took more than one class 'cause you were such a great instructor. I remember you explaining video tracks by stacking up Beta SP tapes on the floor and slightly moving one or two out of the way. I totally understood it after that! My thanks for all your wisdom back then, it definitely helped my career.

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, CA

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hershleder <Ben@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Thanks again for the help Rupert.
> I was anxious to get something posted ASAP.
> http://filmmaker.com/node/20402
>
> Cheers!
>
> B
>
>
> Benjamin Hershleder
> http://ContactBen.com
> http://Hershleder.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___
There was an error in this gadget