Saturday, January 12, 2013

[Avid-L2] Bins moving into odd folders when using wacom tablet?

 

Both my wife and I have experienced strange behavior when using the wacom pen over the project window bins will mysteriously move into sub folders randomly.  It's not like an adjacent folder sometimes its a folder down at the bottom of the project window.  It's not just when dragging bins around although that's what's happened to me a few times and today for the life of me I can't find my effects bin even in flat view.  I'm on an intuos 3 and she is on an older graphire.  The things in common are V6 and 6.5 and systems on isis and we are both on macs .  Yesterday I found my bin that disappeared in a bottom folder which was named one of the other work stations and had the search data in it.  Very strange.  Anybody else had this quirky behavior?

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: I need Pixela ImageMixer 3SE Video Editing Software

 

Hi everyone,
I saw the posts regarding the pixela software and was wondering if anyone was able to locate a link or place to download or copynthenoriginalnprogram. I have the ca,era but unable to download files without pixela disk. Please help if you can.
Thank you
Kristi

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "mvorderhake" wrote:
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "tcat2527" wrote:
> >
> > Hello, everyone.
> >
> > I was just wondering if anyone has this software that comes with the Canon HF200 camera and could post it, or if anyone knew of a link for download. I checked out the Pixela website and all I could find were the updates, not the original program. The updates won't work, because they require the original program.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom
> >
> I have pixela imagemixer v3.1. Im new to this group so where do i upload?
>
> Maurits
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Friday, January 11, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Problem With Capturing Video

 

Could be a sync issue. Is there real house sync feeding the deck and the Nitris?

If not, I'd try detaching sync to everything. No sync to the deck. No sync to the Nitris and then use the "no sync" option for capture.

Steve Hullfish
contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"

On Jan 11, 2013, at 1:50 PM, Sharon Pearson sharonpear@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I bring up
> Capture tool no matter what the source, Composite, Component, SDI it drops
> the video and audio signal, goes to black.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Problem With Capturing Video

 

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Disengaging the deck I mean toggle
source button in the Capture tool until the Deck Offline icon appears. When
capturing in this mode for non tape sources like audio booth, no Select
Tape name bar available.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Robert Lawson avidrhl@gmail.com> wrote:

> You may want to try running the NitrisDX Diags utility. Loop all the inputs
> to their matching outputs on the Nitris box (SDI in to SDI out, etc.) and
> run the Diags.
>
> Also, what do you mean when you say you disengage the deck? Is the remote
> cable still connected? Is the deck still switched to 9-pin remote?
>
>
>
> On Friday, January 11, 2013, Sharon Pearson wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > New to this user group so it's my first posting. Just had a new Media
> > Composer 6.5 installed running on Nitris DX Unity ISIS. When I bring up
> > Capture tool no matter what the source, Composite, Component, SDI it
> drops
> > the video and audio signal, goes to black. The signal will come back
> when I
> > click on the Video Input tool outside of Capture Tool box but then drops
> > when I click on the Capture Tool box. Double checked all cable
> connections
> > which are correct and screwed in tightly. The work around this problem is
> > to shut down the Avid system, full power off then power everything up
> > again. It will work for a while then problem losing signal in Capture
> Tool
> > starts again. Also noticed in Capture Tool when I disengage the machine
> > control the Select Tape Name bars is not available.
> >
> > Any ideas??
> > SPearson
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> ---
> Rob Lawson
> System Administrator, ACSR ISIS, Windows & Interplay
> CBS News
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Problem With Capturing Video

You may want to try running the NitrisDX Diags utility. Loop all the inputs
to their matching outputs on the Nitris box (SDI in to SDI out, etc.) and
run the Diags.

Also, what do you mean when you say you disengage the deck? Is the remote
cable still connected? Is the deck still switched to 9-pin remote?



On Friday, January 11, 2013, Sharon Pearson wrote:

> **
>
>
> New to this user group so it's my first posting. Just had a new Media
> Composer 6.5 installed running on Nitris DX Unity ISIS. When I bring up
> Capture tool no matter what the source, Composite, Component, SDI it drops
> the video and audio signal, goes to black. The signal will come back when I
> click on the Video Input tool outside of Capture Tool box but then drops
> when I click on the Capture Tool box. Double checked all cable connections
> which are correct and screwed in tightly. The work around this problem is
> to shut down the Avid system, full power off then power everything up
> again. It will work for a while then problem losing signal in Capture Tool
> starts again. Also noticed in Capture Tool when I disengage the machine
> control the Select Tape Name bars is not available.
>
> Any ideas??
> SPearson
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


--
---
Rob Lawson
System Administrator, ACSR ISIS, Windows & Interplay
CBS News


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

[Avid-L2] Problem With Capturing Video

 

New to this user group so it's my first posting. Just had a new Media
Composer 6.5 installed running on Nitris DX Unity ISIS. When I bring up
Capture tool no matter what the source, Composite, Component, SDI it drops
the video and audio signal, goes to black. The signal will come back when I
click on the Video Input tool outside of Capture Tool box but then drops
when I click on the Capture Tool box. Double checked all cable connections
which are correct and screwed in tightly. The work around this problem is
to shut down the Avid system, full power off then power everything up
again. It will work for a while then problem losing signal in Capture Tool
starts again. Also noticed in Capture Tool when I disengage the machine
control the Select Tape Name bars is not available.

Any ideas??
SPearson

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] MPEG 1 Layer 2

 

Need to deliver an HDV file with MPEG 1 Layer 2 audio from an FCP Prores sequence. I don't see that as an option anywhere. Anyone?

KEN

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] AVCHD and AMA

 

Well this works for importing the files as once you "Show Package Contents" you can access the files. But Avid only sees the QT file that ML has created and does not see the package contents. There may be a work around where you create a new folder and drag the contents into that and then its files in a folder but I don't have time so mess around with this.

thanks

Lou
On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:29 AM, Mark Spano wrote:

> This is what they say - I haven't had the chance to try and I don't really
> think this provides any more info than you already have.
>
> http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/how_to/AVCHD-folders-appear-with-QuickTime-icons-on-Mac-OS-X-10-8-Mountain-Lion?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1080
>
>
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> I know there has been much discussion on this but not sure where it ended.
>> I have AVCHD files ready to bring into 6.5.2. I have OS is 10.8.2. Mountain
>> lion only sees the files as a QT. I can right click and select show package
>> contents but Avid does not see the contents files in the AMA window. Only
>> the QT file which is will not import or AMA. How can I get the Avid to see
>> the contents of the AVCHD folder?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Lou
>> Lou Wirth Productions
>> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
>> Corte Madera, CA 94925
>> www.louwirth.com
>> 415-924-9411p
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] AVCHD and AMA

This is what they say - I haven't had the chance to try and I don't really
think this provides any more info than you already have.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/how_to/AVCHD-folders-appear-with-QuickTime-icons-on-Mac-OS-X-10-8-Mountain-Lion?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1080


On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Lou Wirth <loutv@mindspring.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I know there has been much discussion on this but not sure where it ended.
> I have AVCHD files ready to bring into 6.5.2. I have OS is 10.8.2. Mountain
> lion only sees the files as a QT. I can right click and select show package
> contents but Avid does not see the contents files in the AMA window. Only
> the QT file which is will not import or AMA. How can I get the Avid to see
> the contents of the AVCHD folder?
>
> thanks
>
> Lou
> Lou Wirth Productions
> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> www.louwirth.com
> 415-924-9411p
>
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

[Avid-L2] AVCHD and AMA

 

I know there has been much discussion on this but not sure where it ended. I have AVCHD files ready to bring into 6.5.2. I have OS is 10.8.2. Mountain lion only sees the files as a QT. I can right click and select show package contents but Avid does not see the contents files in the AMA window. Only the QT file which is will not import or AMA. How can I get the Avid to see the contents of the AVCHD folder?

thanks

Lou
Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Fwd: Re: [PR] - Avid Media Composer & Symphony editing book now available for

Hi Vito!
There is a period at the end of that url, so it's coming back as 404.
Here's a working link: http://tinyurl.com/avidmc-book
No iTunes Store download in Canada? Hmmm... that's strange, huh?
Sorry about that. My guess is that it will be available in the near future.

Cheers,

B
----
Benjamin Hershleder
Benjamin's Avid Book: tinyurl.com/avidmc-book
Benjamin's Site: http://ContactBen.com

Wear It In Post!
Fun T-shirts, mousepads, mugs & more
for Post Production Professionals
http://www.WearItInPost.com

On Jan 11, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Vito DeFilippo wrote:

> Hey Benjamin,
>
> The first link gives me 404 error. The second takes me to the Facebook
> page. I click on the iTunes link there, and it says "The item you've
> requested is not currently available in the Canadian Store."
>
> I feel so second class...
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [Avid-L2] Fwd: Re: [PR] - Avid Media Composer & Symphony editing book now available for

Scratch that, threw it into a new browser and got the 404 as well. It
worked at some point because chrome cached it.

Glen Montgomery - Video Editor / Motion Graphics - Denver,CO
*http://coldpost.tv/*





On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Glen Montgomery
<montgomery.glen@gmail.com>wrote:

> First link worked fine for me.
>
>
> Glen Montgomery - Video Editor / Motion Graphics - Denver,CO
> *http://coldpost.tv/*
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Vito DeFilippo <vdefilippo@videotron.ca>wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> Hey Benjamin,
>>
>> The first link gives me 404 error. The second takes me to the Facebook
>> page. I click on the iTunes link there, and it says "The item you've
>> requested is not currently available in the Canadian Store."
>>
>> I feel so second class...
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: [Avid-L2] Fwd: Re: [PR] - Avid Media Composer & Symphony editing book now available for

First link worked fine for me.


Glen Montgomery - Video Editor / Motion Graphics - Denver,CO
*http://coldpost.tv/*





On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Vito DeFilippo <vdefilippo@videotron.ca>wrote:

> **
>
>
> Hey Benjamin,
>
> The first link gives me 404 error. The second takes me to the Facebook
> page. I click on the iTunes link there, and it says "The item you've
> requested is not currently available in the Canadian Store."
>
> I feel so second class...
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

[Avid-L2] Fwd: Re: [PR] - Avid Media Composer & Symphony editing book now available for

 

Hey Benjamin,

The first link gives me 404 error. The second takes me to the Facebook
page. I click on the iTunes link there, and it says "The item you've
requested is not currently available in the Canadian Store."

I feel so second class...

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] Re: 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports

 

ISIS 5000 Server version 4.0.0.5500. Exported from Workspace and written back to Workspace.

 
With Best Wishes,

Roger Shufflebottom

>________________________________
> From: jeffsengpiehl jeffsengpiehl@yahoo.com>
>To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>Sent: Friday, 11 January 2013, 16:37
>Subject: [Avid-L2] Re: 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports
>
>

>Roger, thnx. What version of ISIS server?
>
>JDS
>
>--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Roger Shufflebottom wrote:
>>
>> Just tried this - worked fine here - Mac OS 10.7.5. MC 6.5.2 - two different codecs but both with 'Fast Start' selected. OK on local drive and ISIS.
>>
>>
>>  
>> With Best Wishes,
>>
>>
>> Roger Shufflebottom
>>
>>
>> >________________________________
>> > From: jeffsengpiehl
>> >To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>> >Sent: Friday, 11 January 2013, 16:04
>> >Subject: [Avid-L2] 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports
>> >
>> >
>> > 
>> >anyone else having issues with Exporting QT's from Composer 6.5.2? System locks up on "making fast start movie" right at the end.
>> >
>> >JDS
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

[Avid-L2] Re: 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports

 

Roger, thnx. What version of ISIS server?

JDS

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Roger Shufflebottom wrote:
>
> Just tried this - worked fine here - Mac OS 10.7.5. MC 6.5.2 - two different codecs but both with 'Fast Start' selected. OK on local drive and ISIS.
>
>
>  
> With Best Wishes,
>
>
> Roger Shufflebottom
>
>
> >________________________________
> > From: jeffsengpiehl
> >To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
> >Sent: Friday, 11 January 2013, 16:04
> >Subject: [Avid-L2] 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports
> >
> >
> > 
> >anyone else having issues with Exporting QT's from Composer 6.5.2? System locks up on "making fast start movie" right at the end.
> >
> >JDS
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

Re: [Avid-L2] 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports

 

Just tried this - worked fine here - Mac OS 10.7.5. MC 6.5.2 - two different codecs but both with 'Fast Start' selected. OK on local drive and ISIS.

 
With Best Wishes,

Roger Shufflebottom

>________________________________
> From: jeffsengpiehl jeffsengpiehl@yahoo.com>
>To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
>Sent: Friday, 11 January 2013, 16:04
>Subject: [Avid-L2] 6.5.2 mac Quicktime exports
>
>

>anyone else having issues with Exporting QT's from Composer 6.5.2? System locks up on "making fast start movie" right at the end.
>
>JDS
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___
There was an error in this gadget