Saturday, June 1, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: AMA behavior

 



I've had something similar with Nanoflash files on version 5 Symphony (PC). All my Nanoflash rushes were copied onto hard disk with folder names such as card 1, card 2 etc. Link to volume didn't work with the card file structure that came to me. If I remember correctly, the cards had some strange folder names (with curly brackets) so I was forced to link to AMA files. On doing this I got some very strange results, with some files linking to clips that were from different folders/different days. The clip names matched the files on disk, but the media was clearly from a completely different file number.

Never got to the bottom of the problem, but it's clearly remained in current versions of software and seems to also be cross-platform.

Luckily, it happened fairly infrequently, so I just did a traditional import on the offending clips. Wouldn't fancy my chances of re-linking to these clips in the future though!

Bruno

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Dan McCabe <danlist@...> wrote:
>
> On a Mac Symph 6.5.2
>
> Some of the footage on this project is shot as Nanoflash mxf which I
> want to bring in as AMA from a drive that has all the original shooting
> and then consolidate to an editing drive.
>
> I select all the files in a new folder of new footage on the original
> shooting drive and "Link to AMA file(s)."
>
> All the files populate a bin but I also get new master clips on the
> editing drive from an unrelated shoot. The only connection is that they
> were originally Nanoflash files as well that I consolidated.
>
> What's up with that? Is AMA digging them out from card info (maybe the
> same card was used on both shoots)?
>
> Anyway to turn that off?
>
> Thanks
> D.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment