Friday, February 14, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Is there a way to improve 8 bit artifacting when rendering to DNX_115?

I'm sure it would be clean if I render to DNX 175X.  I can simulate the exact same banding by just switching the timeline to 8 bit green.  I guess the problem wall just hits the right combo of shallow ramp and subtle color approaching the Barney Pathological Signal they use to stress codecs.

I'll see if I take a section to DNX_175X and use Adobe Media Encoder to see if it does a better job.  I'm really thinking it's just the nature of 8 bit but it's worth a try.  I'll pretend you didn't say Resolve because if I try that and it works I might get to like it and then I'll be a slave to nodes and power windows and I'll never get done.  '-)
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134035) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment