Saturday, February 15, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Is there a way to improve 8 bit artifacting when rendering to DNX_115?

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:11 PM, John Moore wrote:
get to DNX_115 by rendering an upper track safe color limit to DNX_115.  Then when I export a QT reference the resulting file is referenced to the rendered media which is DNX_115.  I could at that point also do a QT export same as source and it would still be DNX_115.  Think of the safe color render as acting like a video mixdown.

I may be telling you something you already know, but I would test the following:  Instead of rendering the Safe Color, just do the OP1a.mxf output.  By all my tests and everything I have read, that is the fastest way out of Avid.  It will render a sequence as it is outputting to the file and uses all your computers resources to do so.  Plus you now have a real transportable file rather than just a Qt ref file.  And I bet the time will be on par to faster than the render of the Safe Color effect.

Jef

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134045) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment