Saturday, February 15, 2020

Re: [Avid-L2] Is there a way to improve 8 bit artifacting when rendering to DNX_115?

The problem is I have to render to playback for watchdown so by using a QT Ref that utilizes the render media I save time and space.  Plus there are several versions of output that have very slight changes.  The render approach only adds a new render of the changed graphics for a different version.  Overall it saves time and storage space and maintains my upper track safe color render which I use as sort of a sentient mixdown that will show unrendered sections that point out where symphony's relational color correction has changed on a shot.  This functionality allows me to exploit the relational color correction in a manner that I can easily see it's far reaching effects in sections I might not have realized were being effected by a color correction change on a shot that is ties to other shots in the sequence based on src clip name or master clip.

I'm hoping Dave H's suggestion about forcing 16 bit processing will alleviate the banding if not I will have to consider approaches like you are suggesting.


On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:51 AM, Jef Huey wrote:
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:11 PM, John Moore wrote:
get to DNX_115 by rendering an upper track safe color limit to DNX_115.  Then when I export a QT reference the resulting file is referenced to the rendered media which is DNX_115.  I could at that point also do a QT export same as source and it would still be DNX_115.  Think of the safe color render as acting like a video mixdown.

I may be telling you something you already know, but I would test the following:  Instead of rendering the Safe Color, just do the OP1a.mxf output.  By all my tests and everything I have read, that is the fastest way out of Avid.  It will render a sequence as it is outputting to the file and uses all your computers resources to do so.  Plus you now have a real transportable file rather than just a Qt ref file.  And I bet the time will be on par to faster than the render of the Safe Color effect.

Jef

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#134046) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment