Friday, July 10, 2015

[Avid-L2] Color Space choices some not avaialble YCbCr [video levels] vs YCbCr REC709 [video levels]?

 

I have an online project and I believe much of the media is Canon LogC.  In the bin the color space for the clips reads YCbCr [video levels].  If I highlight one of these an right click for source settings in the source color space pull down window it reads [video levels] and that exact wording appears as the bottom choice in the pull down menu.  If I go to a clip I've set set the color space to Canon LogC, or any other choice, I no longer see  [video levels] as a choice in the pull down menu.  There is REC 709 [video levels] which yields YCbCr REC709 [video levels] in the color space bin column.  There seems to be no way to set the clip back to what it original was YCbCr [video levels].  Perhaps these mean the same thing but I'm confused why I don't see a plain [video levels] choice except when I'm doing the source settings of a single clip that already has that exact wording. 

I even tried highlighting multiple clips some which were set to YCbCr [video levels] as they originally came to me, and then I get I get YCbCr [multiple values] but no choice of [video levels] only in the Source Color Space pulldown menu.  Everything is working but I don't understand the varying terminology.  The show was offlined and uprezzed on 8.4 and I'm on 8.3.1, perhaps there has been a terminology change between the two versions.  Anybody seeing this or have a way to understand what's going on.

I'm also trying to highlight a bunch of clips in the bin and right click and scroll through to assign Cannon LogC to the clips I think are Cannon LogC.  My understanding in 8.3.1 that can be automatically set upon ama linking.  There is a preference in the source settings color management section to turn that on or off.  I figure the ama link reads the camera metadata and assigns color space accordingly.  Not sure why that didn't happen.  Maybe the uprez was done with that function off.  I'll have to look into that.
 
John Moore
Barking Trout Productions
Studio City, CA
bigfish@pacbell.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment