Friday, July 10, 2015

[Avid-L2] Using An External Client Monitor With MC Software Only

 

I may have asked this theoretical question before, but I don't think I got an answer, so I'll try again…

I have a two monitor set-up: a 27" Retina iMac, and a companion 27" LED Cinema Display. I also have the OWC Thunderbolt 2 hub connected to the iMac. This OWC hub has an HDMI out. As such... is anyone aware of whether or not it's possible to somehow use this HDMI port to send a permanent HD "client monitor" signal out of MC to either a consumer HD monitor or projector? Point being, to do this using the software only, and without a Mojo or Nitris box.

I made a furtive attempt to plug in a Samsung HD flat panel via the HDMI port on the OWC hub, but that only succeeded in throwing all displays out of whack, as they all reset their resolutions. So far, I've been able to find nothing that would suggest that what I'm thinking is possible. But it's also just as possible I'm missing something.

Anyone doing anything like this?

Thanks,

DD

David Dodson
davidadodson@sbcglobal.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: David Dodson <davidadodson@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment