Friday, July 10, 2015

Re: [Avid-L2] Segmentation Fault Main Thread Error on Launch

 

I did call Support over an hour ago. Apparently the cue was full, and the guy could only take my info and put me in some line. I'm still waiting for a call  back… Ugh.

DD



On Jul 10, 2015, at 3:29 PM, bigfish@pacbell.net [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Not to negate your frustration but I will say I ended up calling support to day at 2PM PST.  Beatrice answered right away and helped me file my bug/omission report even logging into my computer to watch me demonstrate the problem.  She was able to duplicate the behavior on her end and also verify 6.5.4 behaved the way I said it did, the way I am use to working with multiple objects in an effect.  I was only put on hold for a few minutes twice when she went to her system to duplicate the behavior.  That was a very pleasant experience all things considered.

Activating and or renewing support contracts has been more like your current experience for me so I do feel your pain.  At least it seems most of us on the list have been given temporary activations while Avid sorts out the activation/renewal issues.  Still not fun.



---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <davidadodson@...> wrote :


Fine. I did a clean install. I have a subscription, and now, when I launch the app it asks me how I want to activate it, either via the web and the Application Manager, or by using a dongle, or by using the trial. Of course, again, I already have a functioning subscription, but when I select that activation option jack sh-t happens, and I'm stuck in Nowhere Land.I even tried deactivating and then reactivating, but I can't even do that! No, I get a message saying, "Failed Deactivation… No record of this device was found."

What?!

I know this is the oldest plaint on this list, but please, why in the name of all that's holy, is the process of activating and using software you've purchased such a g-damned big hairy monster deal with Avid?! Why does it take an act of freakin' god to just use your product? And why is getting any help such a Herculean task?!

Yes, I know, invoke Marianna name. And that's a comfort, to be sure. But why should she get the river of shite that flows off of this byzantine process? I mean, there must actually be a line somewhere buried deep in the Avid corporate bylaws that states, "At no time shall Avid Customer Service ever be allowed to progress beyond frustrating and/or annoying. Maddening to the point of self-inflicted wound preferred."

DD


David Dodson



On Jul 10, 2015, at 2:54 PM, 'Dom Q. Silverio' domqsilverio@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I agree with Job. Don't migrate. Clean install it. 

FYI that error is a generic error. It does not point to a specific trigger. 

DQS

> On Jul 10, 2015, at 5:47 PM, 'Job ter Burg (L2B)' Job_L2@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> Did you migrate the Avid editing application? That I would not do. Uninstall, reinstall.
> 
>> On 10 jul. 2015, at 23:38, David Dodson davidadodson@... [Avid-L2] <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Having successfully migrated to a new computer (same Mac OS X, etc. as previous system), attempts to launch Media Composer 8.4 results in an immediate Alert that says "Segmentation Fault in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0"
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> this is the Avid-L2
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo Groups Links
> 
> 
> 




__._,_.___

Posted by: David Dodson <davidadodson@sbcglobal.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
this is the Avid-L2

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment