Saturday, July 12, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] QC Quote of the day

 

I even brought our mixer into my bay and we tried to try the track based RTS Compressor Limiter thingy, can't remember the exact name.  We set compression to max of  100. something to have infinite compression and set threshold to -6 and still there were spikes on some of the stems.  Ultimately I aaf'd the tracks back to protools and he put on his brick wall limiter, not sure what he is using for that, and that corrected the problem.  I go back to DBX 160 limiters with the 4 main knobs I understood functionally.  I see the same kind of controls: compression ratio, threshold, attack and release but it is a pain having to loop and tweak in Avid and it seemed to confound our mixer even when we dialed in the numbers he desired.  I rarely deal with audio other than reference mixes so my chops are thin.  No matter how I slice it dealing with audio in avid in a sophisticated manner is clunky at best.  Perhaps the Ver. 6 and 7 tools are implemented a little better but I've yet to spend any time in V7.

__._,_.___

Posted by: bigfish@pacbell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment