Saturday, April 5, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Importing a Resolve Generated AAF into an Avid Bin??? Destruction of metadata???

 

This method is one of the best inventions I have come up with. It is almost tech support free. All avid media files created from master clips have a "Tape Name" embedded into the .mxf file. Avid will appear to blank "Tape Name" metadata in the Avid Bin if there is metadata populated in the "Source File" column for that master clip. 


The Avid has a command called relink selected. In version 6.5 I can now take a sequence and link metadata to essence using a custom column with the relink selected command. 

When Avid licenses .mxf to third parties so far I have seen "Tape Name" metadata embedded not "Source File" metadata. This "Source File" metadata appears to be in the AAF. So I stay away from importing the AAF into an Avid Bin. What I love about my workflow invention is I end up with exactly what I want.

I get to have "Tape Name" metadata linking for every master clip. This is amazing. In theory this supports multiframe rate .mxf files and Resolve can export both drop frame and non-drop timecode at the same time. What Resolve cannot do at the same time (so far as I can tell) is export both progressive and interlaced codecs. That must be done by sorting and done in 2 render passes in Resolve.

- scott freeman

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment