Saturday, April 5, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Importing a Resolve Generated AAF into an Avid Bin??? Destruction of metadata???

 

Other issues/gotchas with Resolve/Avid .mxf round trip relinking and playback that I have noticed with using .mxf round trips..
An Avid collapsed effect - the video on the lowest number track will be pulled only.
Some Avid Fast Import created .mxf files are not supported in Resolve.
I recommend to stay away from using video mixdowns.
spanned c300 files will not playback properly or render properly in Resolve v9 and the current version that I tested of version 10 - for c300 these I handle them by first prepping in the Avid by exporting a quicktime reference file naming the file the same name as the master clip's source found in "Bin Menu>Set Bin Display>Souces". I AMA these and transcode the quicktime reference file so I end up with a pretty exact file that will now link and playback in Resolve.

- scott freeman


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment