Thursday, January 2, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Operation not supported.../Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1/Creating/creating0

 

Possible workaround:


Consolidate to another mac formatted drive and copy the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1 folder (rename to another number if necessary) to the ExFat drive at the Finder level, and placing it into the proper folder structure.

This may not work if you have file names created by your Mac not suppose by ExFat.



On Thursday, January 2, 2014, Roger Shufflebottom wrote:
 

Did the client format as Ex-FAT after you'd had all the success you mentioned or did he reformat recently? The format might be the problem.


On 2 Jan 2014, at 16:28, martin@MartinNelson.com wrote:

 

Hi,


With the new year here, I've been trying to do some cleanup and consolidation. I have an assortment of external drives and the consolidation has been going fine until I got to one particular drive. It's a 2TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro (currently there's about 280 GB on it) connected via firewire 800 and it's been performing like champ until now; I don't think the problem is with the drive itself. I  have successfully AMAed from this drive, transcoded back to it, edited and rendered effects all on it. However, and this may well be a clue, because the client was shipping the original footage to me on this drive and he has a PC and I have a Mac it was formatted ExFAT.


Here's my problem, whenever I attempt to consolidate to it I get the following error:

Exception: Operation not supported, filename:/Volumes/pdv drive 1/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1/Creating/creating0

"pdv drive 1" is the name of the drive and each time I attempt this the final digit —0 in the example given— goes up by 1. Otherwise the message is always the same.


I checked permissions on the drive and internal folders and they all are Read and Write. I have trashed all media databases, I trashed the Creating folder on this drive, I've restarted. As a test I have successfully consolidated from this drive to another, but still get this error message when trying to consolidate that file back to this drive.


I'm going to try a reboot now, but I'm really out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my specs:


OS 10.8.5 running MC 6.5.3 on a Mac Pro 2x2.26 Quad-Core


Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,


Martin




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment