Thursday, January 2, 2014

Re: [Avid-L2] Operation not supported.../Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1/Creating/creating0

 

Did the client format as Ex-FAT after you'd had all the success you mentioned or did he reformat recently? The format might be the problem.


On 2 Jan 2014, at 16:28, martin@MartinNelson.com wrote:

 

Hi,


With the new year here, I've been trying to do some cleanup and consolidation. I have an assortment of external drives and the consolidation has been going fine until I got to one particular drive. It's a 2TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro (currently there's about 280 GB on it) connected via firewire 800 and it's been performing like champ until now; I don't think the problem is with the drive itself. I  have successfully AMAed from this drive, transcoded back to it, edited and rendered effects all on it. However, and this may well be a clue, because the client was shipping the original footage to me on this drive and he has a PC and I have a Mac it was formatted ExFAT.


Here's my problem, whenever I attempt to consolidate to it I get the following error:

Exception: Operation not supported, filename:/Volumes/pdv drive 1/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1/Creating/creating0

"pdv drive 1" is the name of the drive and each time I attempt this the final digit —0 in the example given— goes up by 1. Otherwise the message is always the same.


I checked permissions on the drive and internal folders and they all are Read and Write. I have trashed all media databases, I trashed the Creating folder on this drive, I've restarted. As a test I have successfully consolidated from this drive to another, but still get this error message when trying to consolidate that file back to this drive.


I'm going to try a reboot now, but I'm really out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my specs:


OS 10.8.5 running MC 6.5.3 on a Mac Pro 2x2.26 Quad-Core


Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,


Martin




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment