Saturday, December 21, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: QT Ref Export Errors with mixed frame rate and ama?

 

I got to thinking. If a clip was ama'd and transcoded to DNX220 for my online sequence. If I have the graphics reel up that has the original .mov that was ama'd might Avid revert to an ama link for that clip. I have repeatedly relinked my sequence to my dedicated avid media drives so I would think the sequence would not regress to an ama link to a clip that had been transcoded but I seem to be chasing ama ghosts. BOOOOOO I'm the ghost of ama here to mess with you!!!! Very scary.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Moore <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> I'm aware of issues with mixed frame rates and ama linked clips when trying to do QT Ref Exports.  Our new season is finally HD and they shot primarily DVCProHD on tape.  There are some 23.98 clips from Cannon 5 D and the like.  The AEs also used ama linking to transcode several .movs etc.  The AEs are on 6.5.4 and I'm onlining on 5.5.3.7, haven't got around to 5.5.4 yet.  I put a safe color limit on an upper track below the title tracks.  This has always acted a lot like a mixdown.
>
> I exported a 5 minute trailer as a QT ref export the other day with no issues just like our usual workflow in SD.  That trailer is also the first 5 minutes of the trailer.  Now when I go to do a QT ref export of the entire show I get a prompt about mixed rates and that I need to mixdown the audio.  I'm using QT ref to maintain the 4 tracks of audio.  If I do check the audio mixdown then it tells me I have ama linked clips in the sequence and it won't export.   To my knowledge I have no ama linked clips in the show.  They were ama linked and transcoded as far as I know and I'm on a San so I'm on a different computer than the AEs so I don't believe I could have any links to media on my desktop.  I tried showing reference files and sorting my clip type column to see if ama clips would get sorted so I could see them.  The sequence is also showing me offline red clips that are in fact online and the media shows up yet the offline red color is on the
> clip.  I also get prompted that there is offline media in the sequence when I digital cut but as far as I can tell there is nothing offline.  Perhaps Avid sees the whacky clips that have media but show red offline color as still offline under the hood.  I wonder if that might also make avid think the clips are ama media when in fact they are transcoded media. 
>
>
> I've also discovered that the AEs sometimes miss checked the transcode dialogue and things were consolidated not transcoded.  I only discovered this when things showed up offline and error saying unrecognized compression type were happening.  I went to the AE station, which is 6.5.4, and saw that the clips were prores.  This is why I think they just didn't notice they were consolidating and not transcoding. 
>
>
> I'm going to just do a video mixdown but I'm curious what happened different to the file based media that didn't happen on the short trailer.  I think the consolidation error might have effect the episode but not the trailer.  This is been a bear to sort out.  Pretty sure the video mixdown will work but does anybody have some tips on digging out potential ama clips that think they are ama in error.  Maybe there is a nest that isn't showing offline and why are online clips colored offline Red, and yes I checked the clip color is not set to Red.  Any suggestions appreciate.  I'm hoping Bob Z's shotgun is in the mail for Xmas I might have to go AE ama hunting, in that order.
>
>  
> John Moore
> Barking Trout Productions
> Studio City, CA
> bigfish@...
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment