Friday, October 18, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: File Base Deliveries

 

Thanks for sharing. That is fun stuff. I just missed the Quad days or should I say Daze. You didn't see the PAs carrying those tapes around.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Mikeparsons.tv" <mikeparsons.tv@...> wrote:
>
> To be fair...
>
> http://youtu.be/rYOvM8l3nMY
>
> Mike
>
> > On 18 Oct, 2013, at 12:18 pm, mike cardeiro <mcardeiro@...> wrote:
> >
> > > From: "tcurren@..." <tcurren@...>
> >
> > >...Followed by optical media, like BluRay (assuming there will be a drive to read it in 50 years).
> > >
> >
> > I personally dont buy the whole 50 year lifespan of bluray. At my last job I had more than one bluRay archive that was unreadable after little over a year (and everything on them lost forever).
> >
> > Marketing departments can claim anything they want but since there weren't bluray discs 50 years ago there is no way to prove it (and I would bet you that they their lifespan is far shorter but I probably wont be around to collect the bet).
> >
> > Mike Cardeiro
> > ---------------------------------------------
> > Avid Editor - NBC Early Today
> > New York City
> > ----------------------------------------------
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (31)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment