Friday, October 18, 2013

[Avid-L2] RE: Color correcting different layers in a composition?

 

Thanks, Benjamin. It's great to know more options, particularly with tools I haven't used like Spot Color.


To be honest, I am ever more amazed with what I call "Battleship Avid" has in its large hold. Thanks to your advice and others on this list like Mike Drew I am able to create effects for this film that I would have otherwise not been able to afford to send out. Sound will be another exciting area to work within Avid when I have cut.


Deeply appreciate the good will of this list.


Roberto


Mandorla

To give back a bit, here's a recent blog on how some music came to the film and into our Avid edit...

"My God, It's Full of Stars!"

http://mandorlamovement.com/



---In avid-l2@yahoogroups.com, <Ben@...> wrote:



Hi Roberto,

If I'm understanding correctly what you want to accomplish, there are several ways:

#1:
Have just a single layer of video (V1) and use the Spot Color effect (Image category).

#2:
Have just a single layer of video (V1) and use the Paint effect (Image category). In the Mode menu you'll find Luma Range, where you can adjust  White Point, Black Point and Gamma (mid-tones).

#3:
Edit the same video on both V1 and V2. Put the color correction on V1, and use the AniMatte on V2 to reveal just the portion you want on V1 (in this case the man).

I hope that helps . . . .
Cheers,
Benjamin



On Oct 17, 2013, at 11:34 PM, <roberto@...> <roberto@...> wrote:

 

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here, at least I hope so.

How do I adjust the color of an object I created an matte for using AniMatte? So it better matches the plate shot on the video track beneath it?

On V2 I have a shot of a guy in an airport. I made a matte for him using AniMatte, and it works just fine. I see the video below, but it's brighter, and my guy is darker. I just need to lighten up the guy a bit and it should work fine. Both videos were shot on the same locked-off camera, just at different times.

I option-dropped the Color Correction effect on V2 and it nested on top of the Animatte. But when I try to use it, it CC's the whole video frame, V1 and V2.

Again, I'm sure I'm missing something basic. Any light that can be shed on this would be greatly appreciated!

Roberto

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment