Friday, October 18, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] Undo/Redo screwy?

 

My Undo thread has been hijacked by Marianna!


On 18 Oct 2013, at 15:12, <marianna_montague@avid.com> <marianna_montague@avid.com> wrote:

 

One question folks.... on the following comment:



" My Workspace for Effect Mode has one large "Effect Monitor" window. When jumping back and forth between the Src/Rec Editing Workspace and this Effect Mode Workspace, 60%+ of the time the large window reverts to the two window display as in src/rec mode, rather than sticking as one large window, and I have to rescale it each time."

Can you confirm that, after adding the one large monitor in the Effect mode set up,  then you went and picked "Save Current" from the workspace menu?  That would make sure it was saved to that WSpace, otherwise it would just keep going back to the default (which is what you are describing). 

Marianna 

 


---In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, <avid-l2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Yes, I believe that's how it should work.


On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@...> wrote:
 
If so, it should still restore the edited sequence to the point I did the Undo, surely?
 
With Best Wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660


From: Mark Spano <cutandcover@...>
To: "Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com" <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 17 October 2013, 22:44

Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Undo/Redo screwy?

 
Maybe "Undo Only Record Events" is checked in Composer settings?




On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Roger Shufflebottom <rogershuff@...> wrote:
 
Without reading your 'Usual Suspects', this is seen with new projects and new users (and in one case, an almost new installation).
 
With Best Wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660


From: Benjamin Hershleder <Ben@...>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 17 October 2013, 22:35
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Undo/Redo screwy?

 


Usual Suspects?

I also wonder if clearing Bin Memory (Project Window > Info tab) would have any benefit?

I'll see if I get the same behavior on my system and let you know.

Cheers Roger,

B
Site: http://ContactBen.com

On Oct 17, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Roger Shufflebottom wrote:

 

Only spotted this as I was teaching some new students. In both 7.0.2 and 6.5.4 on Mac OS 10.8.5. I do a number of edits then try to show how you can move down the Undo list. That works but when I try to redo back to the point I started, I only get a few steps back. The 6.5.4 Mac has 4GB RAM. The 7.0.2 Mac (new MacBook Pro) has 8GB RAM. No other apps running. I see a few mentions on the forums but no answers.
 
With Best Wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660















With best wishes,
Roger Shufflebottom
+44 7973 543 660



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment