Saturday, March 16, 2013

[Avid-L2] Re: MC 6.5 Media in 5.5

 


This isn't a codec question- 5.5 Does not do this, plain and Simple. screwing with other software will muck up your metadata.
Ask the facility support folks to install a 6.5.2 build on it- they should have an image, and it should take 45 minutes or less to get running.

JDS
--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "jesseg132001" <jesseg132001@...> wrote:
>
> I guess I'll find another computer if I have to.
> Would love to download or install a codec to make it work. Have all the Prores codecs that I can bring over from a system with FCP but guessing I need a specific Prores/MXF codec. Anyone know if this is downloadable anywhere? THANKS
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Mark Spano <cutandcover@> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think you can run them both. But maybe you can find an external
> > drive you can boot on and install it there? Or another computer lying
> > around somewhere (PC with 64-bit Windows or Mac with Lion/Mountain Lion).
> > No other method I can think of will be as fast or reliable.
> >
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM, jesseg132001 <jesseg132001@>wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks Mark -
> > >
> > > That's a great plan except the system in question with 5.5 where I am
> > > trying to view the project is part of a facility with each room installed
> > > to identical specs determined by the techs. I don't really have to leeway
> > > to upgrade 1 room in this situation
> > >
> > > Unless ... can the 6.5 trial run alongside 5.5 if I install it?
> > >
> > > THX
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Mark Spano <cutandcover@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > As of v6, ProRes MXF is possible. My advice: download a trial of MC6 and
> > > > open the project there, transcode to DNxHD.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM, jesseg132001 <jesseg132001@>wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > **
> > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi folks -
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm helping a friend who created a project in MC 6.5
> > > > > She says she transcoded her Arri RAW camera media to Prores in Avid
> > > 6.5.
> > > > > Am trying to open this project on a different system w/ MC 5.5 (OS
> > > > > 10.6.8). The bins open but the media is not recognized.
> > > > >
> > > > > Can I make this work? I'm guessing there are some new codecs installed
> > > > > w/6.5. Can I download these? I've never seen an Avid project where
> > > media
> > > > > was transcoded to Prores, but this is what she says she did.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any help appreciated - thanks in advance,
> > > > > Jesse
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment