Saturday, February 2, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA and C300

I downloaded another driver as I last did this in MC 5.5 and now in Mountain Lion and 6.5. Changed the root folder to Canon and then replaced the producers label with original numbers and that folder came in. Now having producer get original numbers to all folders. It should work as it did the first folder if Im right.

thanks for suggestions.

Lou
On Feb 2, 2013, at 5:15 PM, "Dom Q. Silverio" <domqsilverio@gmail.com> wrote:

> To add, make sure the entire directory path contains no illegal characters.
>
> On 2/2/2013 8:02 PM, Steve Hullfish wrote:
> > I worked with C300 files on a Symphony 6.5 with no issues. Could it be that you are pointing to the wrong level of folder? I believe you need to point to a level above the CONTENT folder, or whatever it is that you copy of the cards...
> >
> > >From my slightly fuzzy recollection, I created folders on a RAID with the name of the card or camera (like CAMA1, CAMA2, CAMB1, CAMB2, etc. Then I placed the CONTENT folder (or whatever is on the root level of the actual card) inside that folder, then in Symphony, I pointed to the CAMA1 folder, not the CONTENT folder.
> >
> > You may already know that step, but I know that when I was pointing at the exact folder I thought I needed, nothing worked...
> >
> > Steve Hullfish
> > contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
> > author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
> >
> >
> > On Feb 2, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have a drive full of files from a Canon C300. AMA won't bring them in. Sym 6.5.2. I went to the Avid site and supposedly have all the necessary AMA plugs. What is the trick to this voodoo? When I try either nothing happens or I get the standard error which I can't repeat as Im not in the room right now. We are on the verge of having to convert all the media to Pro Res just to get it in Avid.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> Lou
> >> Lou Wirth Productions
> >> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
> >> Corte Madera, CA 94925
> >> www.louwirth.com
> >> 415-924-9411p
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Lou Wirth Productions
500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
Corte Madera, CA 94925
www.louwirth.com
415-924-9411p







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment