Saturday, February 2, 2013

[Avid-L2] Formatting external media drives — can case sensitivity cause problems?

 

Some students of mine have been editing with firewire drives that were formatted as Mac OS Extended, Journaled, Case-Sensitive. Running Media Composer 6.03.

Does anyone have any definite info on whether Case-Sensitivity can cause any problems? (I know many people go un-journaled, but I've read that journaling per se should cause no major problems.) One student is having some media management troubles. I won't go into detail here because I have a hunch it's related to other issues. But it made me wonder about the Case Sensitivity question.

I know that ProTools does not support this format but I have found no guidance from Avid in regard to formatting drives for media composer. Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks
Mike

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment