Saturday, February 2, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA and C300

 

Tell me tomorrow if it's done or not.
Got work done to restore / copy (partial) files on almost any format, so i
should be able to figure out what needs to be done.
(Not now, as i'm watching Cowboys and Aliens (found out too late Spielberg
was involved...), and after that i need some sleep..)

Bouke

VideoToolShed
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS NIJMEGEN
The Netherlands
+31 24 3553311
www.videotoolshed.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dom Q. Silverio" domqsilverio@gmail.com>
To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] AMA and C300

> To add, make sure the entire directory path contains no illegal
> characters.
>
>
>
> On 2/2/2013 8:02 PM, Steve Hullfish wrote:
>> I worked with C300 files on a Symphony 6.5 with no issues. Could it be
>> that you are pointing to the wrong level of folder? I believe you need to
>> point to a level above the CONTENT folder, or whatever it is that you
>> copy of the cards...
>>
>> >From my slightly fuzzy recollection, I created folders on a RAID with
>> >the name of the card or camera (like CAMA1, CAMA2, CAMB1, CAMB2, etc.
>> >Then I placed the CONTENT folder (or whatever is on the root level of
>> >the actual card) inside that folder, then in Symphony, I pointed to the
>> >CAMA1 folder, not the CONTENT folder.
>>
>> You may already know that step, but I know that when I was pointing at
>> the exact folder I thought I needed, nothing worked...
>>
>> Steve Hullfish
>> contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
>> author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
>>
>>
>> On Feb 2, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a drive full of files from a Canon C300. AMA won't bring them in.
>>> Sym 6.5.2. I went to the Avid site and supposedly have all the necessary
>>> AMA plugs. What is the trick to this voodoo? When I try either nothing
>>> happens or I get the standard error which I can't repeat as Im not in
>>> the room right now. We are on the verge of having to convert all the
>>> media to Pro Res just to get it in Avid.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Lou
>>> Lou Wirth Productions
>>> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
>>> Corte Madera, CA 94925
>>> www.louwirth.com
>>> 415-924-9411p
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
>> http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment