Saturday, February 2, 2013

Re: [Avid-L2] AMA and C300

 

To add, make sure the entire directory path contains no illegal characters.

On 2/2/2013 8:02 PM, Steve Hullfish wrote:
> I worked with C300 files on a Symphony 6.5 with no issues. Could it be that you are pointing to the wrong level of folder? I believe you need to point to a level above the CONTENT folder, or whatever it is that you copy of the cards...
>
> >From my slightly fuzzy recollection, I created folders on a RAID with the name of the card or camera (like CAMA1, CAMA2, CAMB1, CAMB2, etc. Then I placed the CONTENT folder (or whatever is on the root level of the actual card) inside that folder, then in Symphony, I pointed to the CAMA1 folder, not the CONTENT folder.
>
> You may already know that step, but I know that when I was pointing at the exact folder I thought I needed, nothing worked...
>
> Steve Hullfish
> contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
> author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
>
>
> On Feb 2, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Lou Wirth loutv@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a drive full of files from a Canon C300. AMA won't bring them in. Sym 6.5.2. I went to the Avid site and supposedly have all the necessary AMA plugs. What is the trick to this voodoo? When I try either nothing happens or I get the standard error which I can't repeat as Im not in the room right now. We are on the verge of having to convert all the media to Pro Res just to get it in Avid.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Lou
>> Lou Wirth Productions
>> 500Tamal Plaza, Suite 522
>> Corte Madera, CA 94925
>> www.louwirth.com
>> 415-924-9411p
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment