Friday, December 21, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Default capture device

 

I think I'm that guy with 5 bins save settings and I've noticed it clear out the attic on the current edit share I'm working on. So far no problem but I should up that to a bit more just to be safe. Anybody got a good bench mark for number of saved bins? I auto save every 3 minutes as I've had some instability that makes me a bit anal about saving.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, David Dawkins <dawk2@...> wrote:
>
> Sorry walking in late...
>
> If you are on Unity check the Unity site settings. They will over ride
> local site settings AIR. Also it only takes one user with default
> settings # of bins saved 5, max old bins 5, for example to blow away all
> kinds of good in every one else's settings.
>
> DD
> On 12/20/2012 4:59 PM, johnrobmoore wrote:
> >
> > I usually discover the firewire input when I can't get to my desired
> > resolution in media creations. I then go to capture tool and select
> > HDSDI etc... and I get the options. Then when I go back to media
> > creations I can choose DNX 220 etc... and apply to all. Usually after
> > saving that setting I don't see the firewire again. Perhaps because
> > I'm not usually sharing projects on a Unity for online it might be
> > more stable than if everyone was opening the same project on various
> > systems. I hadn't noticed it default back to firewire after a restart
> > once I've done the above steps but maybe I just haven't noticed.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Mark Spano <cutandcover@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Site settings doesn't fix this. As soon as you quit the project and open
> > > again, it's back to 1394.
> > >
> > >
> > > On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM, johnrobmoore <bigfish@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > **
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Would that be a possible site settings file that would make it
> > stick. I
> > > > rarely use site settings but once setup correctly couldn't you
> > drag that
> > > > into site setting. Now that I think about that it would only
> > effect newly
> > > > created projects IIRC. Well if all your systems are set up that
> > way they
> > > > would always create project set to your prefered default if my
> > theory is
> > > > true.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Dave Spraker" <avid@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > You used to be able to save a setting and delete the default,
> > but it's
> > > > been
> > > > > a while since I tried that.
> > > > >
> > > > > Dave Spraker
> > > > >
> > > > > Western Rep | EditShare | Maxx Digital | Consulting | Sports Audio
> > > > > dave@
> > > >
> > > > > (503) 897-0250
> > > > >
> > > > > www.westernrep.com
> > > > > www.editshare.com
> > > > > www.maxxdigital.com
> > > > > www.spraker.tv
> > > > >
> > > > > See my vizify bio!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > From: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> > [mailto:Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>] On
> > > > Behalf Of
> > > > > Mark Spano
> > > > > Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:07 AM
> > > > > To: Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Avid-L2%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > > Subject: Re: [Avid-L2] Default capture device
> > > > >
> > > > > No. This is a long standing bug (over many versions of Symphony)
> > that I
> > > > am
> > > > > told might be fixed in an upcoming release.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM, leew_ca <samdogdigital@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > **
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Whenever I open the capture utility in Symphony 6, the device
> > defaults
> > > > > > to firewire. Is there a console hack to force the default to
> > my Kona
> > > > card?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ------------------------------------
> > > > >
> > > > > Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:
> > > > > http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment