Friday, December 21, 2012

[Avid-L2] MacPro 12 Core 2.66 vs 3.06 GHz?

 

I know a 12 core 2.66 GHz will be fine for a symphony nitris DX but I'm curious what others think about the same model with 3.06 GHz processor.  I got my MBP with 3.06 GHz and have been pleased with it.  For an additonal $1,200 bucks is the 3.06GHz worth it?  I know Avid benifits more from processor speed than cores but will this make a noticeable difference to me in my everday life?  Or would the extra horsepower help to benefit me down the line with Resolve etc.....  Also the ATI Radion 5770 vs the 5870.  My VAR has the 5770 so I'm sure it will work for my present needs.  Curious what others think.  Santa needs to know pronto?

John Moore

Barking Trout Productions

Studio City, CA

bigfish@pacbell.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment