Friday, December 21, 2012

Re: [Avid-L2] MacPro 12 Core 2.66 vs 3.06 GHz?

I'd say it depends on whether the 3.06Ghz model has more L3 cache. The
higher the amount of cache you have, the more functions the processor can
anticipate. If it does have more cache, then it's probably worth
considering. I'd personally spend more money on fast storage... makes a
much bigger difference than a slightly faster processor.


On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I know a 12 core 2.66 GHz will be fine for a symphony nitris DX but I'm
> curious what others think about the same model with 3.06 GHz processor. I
> got my MBP with 3.06 GHz and have been pleased with it. For an additonal
> $1,200 bucks is the 3.06GHz worth it? I know Avid benifits more from
> processor speed than cores but will this make a noticeable difference to me
> in my everday life? Or would the extra horsepower help to benefit me down
> the line with Resolve etc..... Also the ATI Radion 5770 vs the 5870. My
> VAR has the 5770 so I'm sure it will work for my present needs. Curious
> what others think. Santa needs to know pronto?
>
> John Moore
>
> Barking Trout Productions
>
> Studio City, CA
>
> bigfish@pacbell.net
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment