Saturday, November 10, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Project and media not reading off ext Hard drive

 

I've had issues with some ext enclosures when using 4TB drives on macs and using FW 800. Even the relatively expensive HDX enclosure I have will mount a 4TB drive fine with ESata but not with FW 800. Other enclosures or docks I've tried don't have this problem so my guess it has something to do with the chipset. You say the 3TB boots up ok on the mac so I doubt that is the problem but just thought I'd share my experience with 4TB drives and external enclosures on Macs. Even the raw drive 4TB was seen as a much smaller size according to disk info. I use paragon on my mbp for ntfs drives and it works well but I tend to run mac Avids with mac formatted drives HFS+. How does a Terrablock perform with NTFS drive volumes on a Mac Avid? Do you have to run paragon or it's equivalent on the Mac Avids?

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Terence Curren" <tcurren@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Frank Felker <FJFelker@> wrote:
>
>
> << I have had similar problems with MacDrive. There's no problem moving
> > files on the desktop, but from within Media Composer, it sometimes
> > doesn't like writing to the databases, which makes keeping the Avid
> > MediaFiles on those drives difficult.>>
>
>
> Same here.
>
> I this case I wonder if the 3TB isn't part of the problem.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment