Saturday, November 10, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Color Corrector Feature Request

 

Actually in curves I add points with the wacom tablet but then I click on the number fields and us the cursor arrows to the point up or down. Sometimes I'll drag the points with the pen to get close but I find once close the arrow up and down move the points more precisely.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "David Yardley" <yardley.david@...> wrote:
>
> John,
> No sarcasm filter needed.
> The fact is he grades with just a keyboard.
> Actually the mouse comes into play for masks and stuff.
> And he actually does ask facilities to remove the control surface.
> So you (and me) are in good company when we type numbers into the curves tabs.
>
> http://vimeo.com/38223062
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps I'm missing the proper sarcasm filter today. Are you saying Adam Inglis
> > prefers to work with a keyboard over the typical control surfaces? My curiosity
> > is why are thumbwheels better than sliders on a GUI interface. If by
> > thumbwheels the OP meant actual knobs to turn then I'm all for that. For the
> > record I own an Artist Color Panel but with Avid it is still too chunky to use,
> > this may have improved some in the later 6.5 releases but I haven't tried yet.
> > I use the number pad specifically because of the granularity of the Avid sliders
> > and mouse interfaces and even with a wacom tablet the hue offsets are easier for
> > me with a Kennsington Expert Mouse Trackball. If I spent more quality time in
> > Resolve or Color I'm sure I'd be using the Artist Color Panel. I would be
> > surprised if a seasoned colorist would want to give up the typical Davinci or
> > similar panels for just a keyboard isn't that one of the big reasons those
> > systems can crank things
> > out faster than us? Perhaps I'm missing something really obvious here, but
> > that's nothing new.
> >
> > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "David Yardley" <yardley.david@> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The best colorist I have worked with, Adam Inglis, who is freelance and works on big movies, appalls facilities when he asks them to remove the huge expensive battleship control surfaces, and works with just a keyboard. He says he can work more quickly and accurately with only Mr. Moore's number pad.
> > >
> > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "johnrobmoore" <bigfish@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I use a wacom tablet, trackball and a small number pad to enter numeric values into the Symphony Color Corrector. The only time I use the sliders is in secondary color correction and occasionally in levels. What do you find appealing about thumbwheels over the slider? I would guess there might be a more refined feel but I haven't noticed that with sapphire or boris thumbwheel interfaces. Curious to learn more here.
> > > >
> > > > --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Gutierrez <guanacaa@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Are you talking about Media Composer as opposed to Symphony? Sure, thumbwheel controls, but first, let's get something that even mimics real color correction!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Shirley
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > From: donbrt <donbrt@>
> > > > > To: Avid-L2 <Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com>
> > > > > Sent: Thu, Nov 8, 2012 3:27 pm
> > > > > Subject: [Avid-L2] Color Corrector Feature Request
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > It would be cool to have thumbwheel controls in the color corrector.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ------------------------------------
> > > > >
> > > > > Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
> > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment