Saturday, November 17, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Lane Configuration on MacPro OS 10.6.8 for IO Express?

 

<<http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/User_Guide/en269631>>

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, John Moore <bigfish@...> wrote:
>
> So I've been posting about the io express set up I'm setting up.  It does work but today we tried to output to HDCam.  Machine control etc... all worked but we could only output roughly 90 secs without a stall on dropped frames.  I found it wouldn't even go more than a second when the output was set to  10 bit in the digital cut tool.  Setting that to 8 bit and we could output 90 secs ish chunks.  I tried media from both an internal drive and our fibre connected unity.  I even added a sync generator and feed the deck and the io express reference but still just short chunks between stalls.  I took the same project into my sndx mac and it output without a hitch.  I'm wondering if the lane configuration could be an issue.  right now slot 1 has 16 lanes with the 1900 radeon card.  Slot 2 has one lane with the HBA card for the io express.  Slot 3 has a celerity card for fibre at 4 lane. Slot 4 has 4 land with another video card that can be used
> for a full screen playback monitor but isn't connected now.  Could the 1 lane be choking the io express for output digital cut?  I thought I read somewhere that the io express only needs one lane but I may be misremembering that.  Are slots 2 thru 4 all compatible so I could choose one of the other configurations and get 4 lanes to the slot 2 or should I just move the io express HBA card to slot 4 and put the extra video card in slot 2.  The extra video card isn't feeding anything right now so a one lane slot wouldn't really effect anything would it?
>
> John Moore
>
> Barking Trout Productions
>
> Studio City, CA
>
> bigfish@...
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment