Friday, August 17, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Davinci Resolve to MC 6 import metadata strangeness

 

I havé been using this pipe for nearly a year and I even if I persist in believing that the mxfs will work I often end up exporting qt files and importing those into the avid. I used to have a lot of problems with resolve mxfs getting quarantined so I export the resolve timeline in a block. I have never much success with bm's after sales service so I just hope they read this and will see. I know BM is active on creative cow.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "prberg2" <prberg2@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I actually had this exact same problem yesterday! Quite frustrating. Only difference is that I am on Avid Symphony 5.5.
>
> I have 5 MXF files that are created by Resolve. I bring them into the Avid Media folder and the Media tool will only see 1 of them (also the same if I drag the database file to a bin).
>
> I think Avid is seeing all 5 MXF files as 1 Master clip. Because if I load them one at a time, they are all fine. But if more than one is loaded at a time the sequences will sometimes link to one of the other MXF files.
>
> Even a master clip in a bin will suddenly change it's information if I load another one of the Resolve MXF files (it will change name and duration but the video will stay the same). It's obviously not working correctly.
>
> I honestly think it's a Blackmagic problem. I think the MXF files they are creating don't have a unique identifier that keeps Avid from mixing them up. I'm not sure what metadata field this is but that is my theory.
>
> I wonder if someone from Avid, or someone who can look inside a MXF file could take a look at some sample files to see what these Resolve files might be missing?
>
> My workaround is to just bring in the Resolve MXF files one at a time, immediately make a mixdown and then throw away the Resolve MXF file (or just move it out of the media folder). Avid is very happy with the new mixdown.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this one?
>
> thanks,
> Peter
>
>
> --- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Lowden" <christopher@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I have exported numerous DNXHD 185 MXF file from a Davinci Resolve Lite PC to MC 6.0.1 PC. The MXFs are graded sequences. I use the mediatool to import the files, insert them into my timelines and the conform is done.... Except at some moment in the afternoon, the MXF master clip I had imported all disappeared and where replaced by numerous new masterclips with new names that correspond to original Canon C300 rushes that I cut using AMA. The metadata of these new files have an UNC to the rushes but when I reveal the media file of each of these new files, it opens the original Resolve MXF. The problem is that the length of the MXF does not corespond to these new "consolidated" files so I get an error message. Worse still, the conformed timeline changes, as the good MXF masterclip file is replaced by the new shorter masterclips. I think that there is some bug as the MC6 seems to get confused with all the meatdata in the Resolve export, but I do not understand how it can erase masterclips and replace them with new one automatically. I hope this is clear ...
> >
> > Any ideas are most welcome
> >
> > Thanks
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment