Saturday, July 28, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: Hardware raid enclosure

 

What software/mechanism does one use to burn in drives? I assume that process would be to access the drive continuously in some manner. What is a typical set of tasks for drive burning in and does it make sure to access all sector/locations on the drive to test the stepper motor accuracy as well as durability? Sounds like something I should ferret out.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Jimmy Dutt <bytemonkey@...> wrote:
>
> Lou Wirth wrote:
> > I have been spending too much time with my OWC QX2 4 bay and am about to trash it. Its pretty new but been acting up and no longer reliable.
> What kind of troubles? I have one that's around two months old and has
> been working well - but I built it myself and burned in the drives for a
> couple of days before I put it together.
>
> -jimmy
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment