Saturday, July 28, 2012

[Avid-L2] Re: New edition of Steve Cohen's book

 

We have kindles at home that I don't use but I've helped my daughter delete files on hers by plugging into it. I figure I could probable rename the files but never tried. Could you do something like this by accessing your Ebook with a host computer and renaming each copy of the book uniquely? I would suspect some underlying DRM element would step into the equation but maybe worth a try.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Steve Hullfish <steve4lists@...> wrote:
>
> I forwarded this to Steve Cohen. We'll see if he can figure this out with Amazon. It seems crazy that you can't keep two versions of a book you own.
>
> Steve Hullfish
> contributor: www.provideocoalition.com
> author: "The Art and Technique of Digital Color Correction"
>
>
> On Jul 27, 2012, at 1:53 PM, electropura212 <electropura212@...> wrote:
>
> > Oddly enough, Amazon will not let me purchase this since I already
> > purchased the older edition of the ebook.
> > I would like to keep both editions...but I can only download the new one if
> > I delete the old one.
> >
> > Ugh.
> >
> > J
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the official Complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment