Friday, August 26, 2011

[Avid-L2] Re: Getting rid of Mic lag in Audio Punch In?

 

You need to enable the pass-through audio mixer.

Here's my VO notes...

----------------

Have VO patched to source track that matches timeline track (eg A5) & selected in 'passthrough' to hear EE during punchin. It will not be panned though.

Passthrough tool - affects monitoring NOT RECORDING levels/pans during punch-in
(Set passthrough to Direct Out not Stereo )

The punch in source track will always go EE during edit - regardless of which timeline track it is destined to make a clip on.

--- In Avid-L2@yahoogroups.com, Tim Selander <selander@...> wrote:
>
> I was asked to do a lip sync recording, English over Japanese, as
> a favor to a friend. Personal job, so I did it on my laptop. Ran
> the mike through a little mixer to line in on the computer,
> monitoring on headphones.
>
> Macbook Pro, MC software version 2.7, no DNA.
>
> While doing an audio punch in, there's a huge delay -- maybe a
> full second -- from when I say something, to when I can hear it
> on the headphones. Virtually impossible to keep talking! The
> recording was fine, no lag.
>
> No problem, I thought, I don't need to hear my voice, just the
> original audio track. Muted the punch in track by turning off the
> monitor/speaker icon. No go! Even when I "mute" the track, I can
> still hear my (lagging) voice.
>
> Is there no way to choose only certain tracks to monitor, or to
> turn off the monitoring of the input when doing a punch in?
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at:   http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment