Friday, August 26, 2011

Re: [Avid-L2] Getting rid of Mic lag in Audio Punch In?

I used to do this using Direct out, (In the audiomix tool? Not behind an Avid now)
Route everything to ch 1-2 except the tracks you are recording to.
Not sure Direct out is available without any hardware attached though.
You could also try panning everything to one side and the recording track to the other, and use only one side of the headphones.
Not a very "pro" solution, yet maybe usefull.

HTH, Gerald van Leipsig


On 26 aug 2011, at 16:40, Tim Selander wrote:

> I was asked to do a lip sync recording, English over Japanese, as
> a favor to a friend. Personal job, so I did it on my laptop. Ran
> the mike through a little mixer to line in on the computer,
> monitoring on headphones.
>
> Macbook Pro, MC software version 2.7, no DNA.
>
> While doing an audio punch in, there's a huge delay -- maybe a
> full second -- from when I say something, to when I can hear it
> on the headphones. Virtually impossible to keep talking! The
> recording was fine, no lag.
>
> No problem, I thought, I don't need to hear my voice, just the
> original audio track. Muted the punch in track by turning off the
> monitor/speaker icon. No go! Even when I "mute" the track, I can
> still hear my (lagging) voice.
>
> Is there no way to choose only certain tracks to monitor, or to
> turn off the monitoring of the input when doing a punch in?
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Search the offical complete Avid-L archives at: http://archives.bengrosser.com/avid/

If you want to donate to Red Cross quake relief, you can do so through your cell phone. Text redcross to 90999 to make a $10 donation. It will be on your next cell bill.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Avid-L2-digest@yahoogroups.com
Avid-L2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Avid-L2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment