Thursday, June 1, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Move just the media in a sequence to a new system

I am a finishing editor for a project, not the offline editor.  I was working a project that was NOT locked.  I wanted to get the most recent sequence to my studio with maximum flexibility for changes.  I wanted the ability to trade sequences back and forth with the offline editor.

Using the Avid Consolidate forces you to trim media.  There is a limit in frames (seems like around 350 frames by my experiments).  11 or so seconds.  Many pieces of media were much longer than that.  Plus when you consolidate, new master clips are created.  This means a sequence I might make will not easily link to the media that the offline editor is working with. 

So my desire was to have Avid do a complete copy of any clip in the sequence given to me so I would - in essence - be working with the same media as the offline editor.  But I did NOT want a mirror of the entire media set.  Over 30 TB of material.  A waste of time to make that.

An AAF can make a copy of complete clips EXCEPT that it will not do so if ProRes files are involved.  And there was a fair amount of that.  So I could not do what I wanted with Avid tools.

It turned out that Resolve could do this.  I just figured that out after I had given up and used the traditional Consolidate process (which will trim ProRes media!!!).

I hope that explains the reason for this thread.

Jef

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#136218) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment