Friday, February 24, 2023

Re: [Avid-L2] Is DNxHR only Progressive?

There is a fairly recent (I think) effect in the Image category of the Effect palette to swap field order (I recall FCP7 had this years ago). Worth a try?

On 24/02/2023 09:23, John Moore wrote:
So after all is said and done I do find that if I do my final offline transcode to DNxHRLB having checked the retain clips frame rate Avid still thinks that the media is now progressive in the bin columns but the actual video essence is still interlace when looking at field 2.  So this makes me think that the DNxHR resolution don't know what interlace is but they seem to respect the psf nature of the image content.  Hmmm anybody from the Avid camp with any insight on this.  I'm running MC 2018.12.15 so perhaps it's a bit different in the newer versions?

Now another thought would be is there a secret console command that could make an ama link interpret a clip is even/bottom field first?  I guess that would be problematic as it would alter all the other linked clips potentially.  How bought an option in a clips source settings in the playback tab for field motion interpretation etc....???
--   With Best Wishes,  Roger Shufflebottom  +44 7973 543660  Now available – The Media Composer Companion  www.avid-companion.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment