Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Sony FS7 and FS6 in camera audio quality?

Since Jim is in this thread, let him answer it…
(I don't know much about replacing scratch audio for BWF workflows, but I do know that BWF contains an UUID nowadays, so, relinking to the whole shebang should be easy, so you can work with just the misdoen from the BWF.)


Bouke / edit 'B

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/

On 25 May 2022, at 17:23, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

Just one more step in the workflow that I don't need if it can be avoided.  I grew up editing linear and that audio was fine.  Sure it can be done but why add the step of syncing if the audio quality out of the camera is of high enough quality?  Syncing takes time and time equals money that probably isn't in the budget.  I know it should be but I don't control the fiscal side of things.  If I have to then I will but if not even better.

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 12:15 AM, bouke wrote:

On 25 May 2022, at 02:28, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

  I'd prefer to not have to deal with dual system audio if possible.

Why not?
in Avid, syncing is quite easy, even when the cams don't have a TC input but get LTC on a sound channel instead. Just translate that to AUX, and sync on that.
(The FS7 does not have TC input by default.)
Without any form of TC, it will be hell of course, but that should not happen anymore. (With 'Anymore', I mean the last 20 years.)
 
Bouke
 

No comments:

Post a Comment