Thursday, May 26, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Mac Book Air vs. IPad Pro?

+1 for the Macbook Air. I didn't buy one for editing video but i went for 16G RAM and it runs Media Composer happily up to full HD. Also runs Avid nicely under Bootcamp - good for testing fro me.

With Best Wishes, Roger Shufflebottom +44 7973 543 660
Now available – The Media Composer Companion
www.avid-companion.co.uk


On Wednesday, 18 May 2022, 09:33:31 BST, Rupert Watson <rupertwatson@gmail.com> wrote:


Don't get the iPad. It doesn't work the same as a laptop in Office apps. Odd things like copy and paste behave differently and functionality in Excel is just not there. 
Get the MacBook Air. The battery life is unfriggingbelievable. You can do light editing on it. I have a MacBook 14. It's great but the battery life is less than half the MacBook Air. 

From: Avid-L2@groups.io <Avid-L2@groups.io> on behalf of John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 6:19:17 AM
To: Avid L-2 Groups IO <avid-l2@groups.io>
Subject: [Avid-L2] Mac Book Air vs. IPad Pro?
 
I started freelancing at a place and bay swapping is the norm.  It's time for a new laptop/Pad.  I see the IPad pro has a keyboard, I hate touch screen.  My old 2009 MacBook Pro 17 inch won't boot so I'm limping along with an old mac book but it's unreliable. 

I'm not looking for a super robust workhorse but mostly emails and possibly light duty work in Adobe or Avid.  Does the IPad Pro even work like a laptop?  Is it conceivable to run Avid on a Mac Book Air?  I'm just starting to look and I need it somewhat small and agile but it would be great to be able to do small Avid work like opening bins to check things or manipulate them.

I suppose I could just update to the latest MacBook Pro 16 inch but I'm trying to weigh my options.  Any suggestions welcome.  I'm just not much of a PC guy these days but I do know I could get more bang for the buck going PC.

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment