Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Getting embedded audio out of Resolve through Avid DNxIO?

HI john,




For us, the latest BMD Desktop Drivers work fine with MC 2021.12 (on Catalina, MacPro 2019). However, we are utilising either the UltraStudio 4K (1HE-version not the "Extreme" 3HE) or the 12G-Decklink card. New to the systems is one UltraStudio 4K Mini, which also works fine in said environments (and if attached to the M1 MacBook Pro (see other post).

Just give it a try and let me say:

Juggling cats is something we left behind since Navin Johnson explained it to all of us.

Jochen "Jo" Hermann
filter Media Postproduction
Salzburg, Austria

On 9. Mar 2022, at 09:33, John Moore <bigfish@pacbell.net> wrote:

After a lot of trial and error it seems that Resolve doesn't see the Avid DNxIO in the Resolve System Preferences I/O devices audio section starting with Ver. 17.3 and above.  Up to Ver. 17.2.2 I can see the DNxIO listed as the device in the audio section of Resolve System Preference I/O section.  This results in not seeing the 16 Decklink channels in the Fairlight Audio Patching menu window.  To make it even more funky the HDMI and embedded SDI audio to continue to work in Ver. 17.3.X but the device is not listed in the Resolve System Preferences and there is no choice but built in audio in the Fairlight Audio Patch Menu.  Then at Resolve 17.4 the HDMI and embedded SDI audio disappear and I  can only monitor out of the MacPro line out.  I'm running the Avid BM Video Desktop 11.6 which is as high as I can go for Avid MC 2020_12_5 to pass video through the DNxIO.  Avid MC 2018.12 didn't have a problem with Avid BM Desktop 12.0 but the newer MC does.  Forget herding cats I think I'm juggling them.  At least the new Mac Studio might be my path to some software sanity once they work the bugs out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment