Thursday, March 3, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid Sequence Exports Great But With No Audio

Hey Dennis,


Project Settings are on "Stereo" (hitCommand-; – check Project Settings-> Audio Project -> hit Tab "Output") make sure it's on stereo.

Export with your previously designated settings.


Relink into Avid: audio there?


plz follow up.


best

Jo

Jochen "Jo" Hermann
filter Media Postproduction
Salzburg, Austria

On 3. Mar 2022, at 14:13, Dennis Degan via groups.io <DennyD1=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:


Editbruboy, I did exactly as you suggested using Command+i.  There are audio tracks within the file.  But no audio is heard from my computer's speakers.
I tried a bunch of variations with export settings when attempting to make the export from Avid, none of which worked.  But what DID work turned out to be something mentioned early on:  It looks like when Avid starts up, it 'takes over' the computer's audio.  I am using Avid at home with no special interface hardware like Blackmagic or AJA.  So the Avid picture and sound are monitored directly on the computer.  When I launch another application such as Quicktime Player or VLC, the computer's audio output seems to be hijacked by Avid.  But there is a workaround:  If I'm attempting to play a QT movie on either QT Player or VLC (or any other media app), I've found that the audio can be reactivated by clicking 'volume up' or 'volume down'.  Immediately, the audio can be heard and all is well.  Even though the application is not muted, it's operating as if it was muted.
Now, is there a permanent fix for this?  I don't know.  Perhaps if I had input/output hardware such as BM or AJA, exported output files could be viewed and heard on the computer itself separately from Avid monitoring.  Until I get Avid hardware, I'll have to use the workaround.
Thanks to all who have offered suggestions on this problem.

Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
        Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus


On Mar 3, 2022, at 4:44 AM, editbruboy <bruno@bmansi.co.uk> wrote:

Have you actually checked if the exported movie does have interleaved audio?

It could be that there's audio, but it's just silence.

If you open in QT player or VLC you can  examine the file.

Use Command+i for QT player or Tools/Codec Info for VLC


No comments:

Post a Comment