Thursday, March 3, 2022

[Avid-L2] The Dongle Gods are mad at me?

MacPro mid 2012 12 core upgraded to 2 x 3.46GHz, OS 10.14.6, Radeon RX 580 8GB, 128GB Ram.  My Resolve 17.4.3/4.4 started acting wonky so I carbon copy cloned the startup which in on an IronWolf Seagate SSD and then carbon copy cloned an older back up before I moved to Resolve 17.  When I did this it no longer sees the Avid dongle.  I had MC 2020.12 working on the drive that went wonky.  The older startup clone had 2018.12 working fine when  it was cloned.  I went to utilities and reinstalled the Sentinel Driver but it is still not recognized.  I've also installed MC 2020.12.5 on it and ran it's sentinel driver install and still the dongle is not recognized.  I have two other startup drives where the dongle works and show it is active till next year.  I've reinstalled the Sentinel Driver several times on various version of MC after doing the Avid uninstall before reinstalling a different version.

If I carbon copy clone the wonky Resolve Startup drive  that I made before starting the back reving process Avid works and sees the dongle.

Is there some under the hood way to see if the dongle driver is recognizing the dongle.  Avid link on the older startup drive doesn't see it.  Could there be a uninstall for the Sentinel Driver?  I've never uninstalled them before but just reinstalled as I've been under the impression the Avid uninstaller removes the Sentinel Drive but the Avid installer doesn't install it anymore.

Not in a mission critical state but need some suggestions.  I will reach out to support but thought others might have fought this battle.  All this after I've been beating the Dongle Drum on their behalf and now this.  ;-(

John Moore Barking Trout Productions Studio City, CA bigfish@pacbell.net

No comments:

Post a Comment