Thursday, February 3, 2022

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid Dongle on Apple Silicon (M1 + derivates)

I understand the frustration being here for as long as I have and hearing the dongle cries over and over…. But we are stick between a rock and a hard place with this one.  No driver for the dongle and even though there is a " kinds working driver for say Catalina and BigSur, the issue isn't M1 per se its Monterey.  I wish we could dedicate resources to this but we didn't develop it in the first place so if we even considered that – it would take away from a lot of feature development in play.  Not going to happen since the majority of users are actually on SW Licensing ( Perpetual and Subscription ).  At some point in time IMO the dongle will no longer be sold… it's a fact but not sure when and perpetuals already out there will still work fine and can continue to be upgraded with yearly plans.  Wish it wasn't this way as I have a dongle too but I converted my other license to activation and quite frankly I am liking the Cloud Licensing we have now.

Marianna

 

Marianna Montague
Sr. Director, Customer Success Management 
Customer Experience & Customer Success
Avid - Remote
marianna.montague@avid.com 
t +1 (978) 640-5215   |  m +1 (813) 493-6800 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment