Tuesday, September 21, 2021

[Avid-L2] Avid to Resolve Roundtrip

The past few years I've regularly been making roundtrips from Avid to Resolve and back. In my typical workflow, at the end of the Resolve session I deliver Avid media (XDCAM50 MXF) directly to the Avid media drive and create an Avid AAF using the preset in Resolve. When I load MC, it creates the database file that I drag into a bin and populate the Resolve-created AAF.

Recently I've encountered the issue that in Avid the AAF points back to the camera originals (Linked media) instead of the rendered media. Resolve creates the media with unique clip names, so I can manually re-lay the media in the timeline if I'm up against a deadline, but I'm looking for a solid solution. And this same workflow has been successful in the past. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks in advance!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135489) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment