Thursday, August 26, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Avid Perpetual License Price Increase?

What Dennis said.  --J.B.

Dennis Degan via groups.io wrote:
> Marianna,
>
> I too have been faithfully sticking to the perpetual license, renewing
> each year for updates.  But since I don't need Avid for work anymore,
> I had been considering dropping the perpetual license.  With the price
> increase, I should have either: (1) ended my yearly payment for
> support and updates or (2) gone over to the subscription side.  I
> chose to maintain the perpetual license, not just for a year, but for
> 2 more years at the current price.  Maybe I'm a fool, but I like
> having the perpetual license.
> Question for you: Since I've had a perpetual license for about 5 years
> now, if I convert it to a subscription and in 2 years I stop the
> subscription, will my software cease to work?  If true, after having a
> perpetual license for so long, that would convince me to NOT get a
> subscription and simply allow my perpetual license run out of
> support/upgrades after the 2 years I just purchased.  Because it would
> be better to have a working perpetual license and no support/upgrades
> than to have no working software at all after 2 years.  Am I crazy?
>  (Don't answer . . . . )
>
> Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
>         Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
>




-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#135445): https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/message/135445
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/85005109/2971402
Group Owner: Avid-L2+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/Avid-L2/leave/5759084/2971402/1548653033/xyzzy [administrator242.death@blogger.com]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment