Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Way OT: Adobe CS6 updater ???

Well if you ask Adobe, it's "illegal".


On a more reasonable note, the biggest issue I can think of is compatibility with others on current versions.

I use Adobe products once in a blue moon…ask the G5 in my basement still running CS4.

Dave Hogan
Burbank, CA

On May 11, 2021, at 8:34 AM, RobertoSFO <roberto@puregrain.com> wrote:

I just let my Adobe CC lapse. Had to justify the price when I only use it once in a while. 

I am seriously thinking of getting a refurbished MBP that runs Mojave and installing my old CS6 on that. 

Any reason not to? 

Roberto 




On May 11, 2021, at 8:24 AM, Jay Mahavier via groups.io <jay_mahavier=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Solved.  I had to uninstall Creative Cloud so it wouldn't get in the way.  Then I could open up one of the apps that would open in OSX 10.13.6 and go to Help>Update and run the updaters from there and that updated my After Effects.

It did take days to get a actual call from Adobe.  I went through the AI chat questions, then got forwarded to a real person chat that only got me a link to the installer I already had.  They wanted to remote in, but I can't allow that at the studio.  So that necessitated getting a call.  After the 48hour window and no call came in I got an email asking if my issue had been resolved.  I said I was still waiting on a call that I never got.  The weekend passed and I got ANOTHER email asking if my issue had been resolved.  I replied that I STILL and not received the support call.  Then about 5 hours after that I finally got the phone call.

Jay


On May 5, 2021, at 3:41 PM, Marcel B. <bncrcaxlr@gmail.com> wrote:

Since we are on the CS6 subject, if anyone around here has a CS6 they don't use anymore I'd like to buy it. My 32 bit CS4 is really slooooow.

Thanks.

Marcel
















-- 
Roberto Miller
Pure Grain Digital Productions
Mountain VIew, San Francisco, Lyon



No comments:

Post a Comment