Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Housekeeping

That's interesting.  I started on a PC Symphony Meridian and never got asked that question even when I had duplicate media on different volumes.  Things like series graphics and other common elements to each episode would end up getting consolidated twice if I wasn't careful.  I'm surprised I never got the prompt you use to get.


On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 10:34 AM, Marcel B. wrote:
No John. I'm referring to a couple times when MC told me at opening that I had duplicate media and ask me what I wanted to do about it. I don't remember the options. It was on a windows meridien system. This is why I formulated my answer to Chip as a question.

Marcel


On 10/05/2021 13:28, John Moore wrote:
I think you are referring to dupe detection where a shot is used twice in a sequence.  That's not the same as duplicate media.  Media Tool can identify unused media for  sequence not sure about detecting doubled up media as Avid will link to one piece of media, the first it finds.  You can force a relink to a certain drive.  I usually link to a target drive to make sure all the media on that drive is used then I will consolidate all the clips that are on other drives to that target drive.  I'm in online so I deal with a generally more controlled media source.  Offline is more like herding cats.


On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 08:09 PM, Marcel B. wrote:
Doesn't Avid identify dupes?



On 08/05/2021 17:47, C. Hess wrote:
So,
 
I have a large project, by necessity
spread over multiple drives.
I suspect there may be some duplicates.
Lotsa copying, moving around and backing up.
I would like to free some space.
 
I understand MDV used to do that,
but apparently no longer.
 
Can Media Tool identify dupes
and allow for deletion?
 
Researching online I am led to believe so,
but would like confirmation from heavy users.
 
Thanks.
 
 
Chip Hess
CFH3 Media


_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135280) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment