Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Re: [Avid-L2] Where is my dream GPU??? Now Installing Mojave Issues Some Solutions

So after figuring things had halted I powered down holding the power button, this after the first restart of the Mojave install had the monitors active, not in sleep, but displayed a slightly elevated black on the screen.  I booted up again with the chime and it got back in the same active monitor with black screens.  I did some more googling and was in the middle of emailing OWC support to see if they knew if my Mercury Accelsior SSD PCIe card had any known issues upgrading to Mojave my mac pro sprung to life and the end of the progress bar appeared.  I had also found along the way that the Mojave installer wouldn't let me start it if my expansion chassis was on. 

Now with it up I checked for updates and it found some it took forever to shutdown during the restart to install updates and I even did a manual power down just because it appeared hung.  Finally the updates finally finished.  I then found that my QNAP would not communicate to the mac pro.  I suspected it might be a card that isn't compatible with Mojave because I had picked up a card that would still work in 10.12.6.  To test I booted back to my 10.12.6 startup partition and the QNAP worked.  Now as if I hadn't had enough fun I could no longer see my new Mojave partition in the startup drive because it's an APFS format and 10.12.6 won't read it.  Once again F Me Skipping.  I finally put my back up of the original OS 10.13.6 startup partition into a cradle with eSata to connect directly to my Mercury Accelsior eSata ports and I was able to choose it as a startup disk while in 10.12.6.  That let me boot to the craddle drive and being 10.13.6 it saw the new Mojave APFS partition and I could choose it in startup drive.  So now I'm Carbon Copy Cloning the 10.13.6 Cradle drive back onto my second partition of the Mercury Accelsior so I won't have these issue.  I guess I'm going to have to get a new 10 gig card for my mac pro expansion chassis that will work with Mojave and hopefully 10.13.6.

If only these were billable hours.  ;-)
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#135237) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [administrator242.death@blogger.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment